Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
jedthehumanoid
jedthehumanoid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition
Homemade Reader cover

Hi everybody!
Since it seems practically impossible to get a nice Sony Reader cover here in Europe (the m-edge cover was $28 shipping on a $15 cover ), I decided to make my own this weekend

I have some finishing up to do, but thought I'd share it with you

Yeah, it's made of old belts, and some felt
Link to larger images

jedthehumanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Very pretty! Are the belts securing the Reader elastic?
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is gorgeous ! i love it. where did you get the bits with the printing on them ? i love that sort of industrial look.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
jedthehumanoid
jedthehumanoid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette View Post
Very pretty! Are the belts securing the Reader elastic?
Thank you . The bottom straps are not elastic, the top ones have a short elastic part sewn on closest to the cover (complete ripoff from the m-edge cover design )

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that is gorgeous ! i love it. where did you get the bits with the printing on them ? i love that sort of industrial look.
That is an old jeans belt of mine from some random clothes store here in Sweden, don't remember where i got it
jedthehumanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedthehumanoid View Post
That is an old jeans belt of mine from some random clothes store here in Sweden, don't remember where i got it
ha, too bad, i was all ready to run out and get some myself. thanks for the photos, anyway, it's great to see what other people are doing (good inspiration for our own efforts ).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Nice cover. Did you use something inside the cover to make it firm? Like needlepoint plastic canvas? That was what I was thinking of using.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Bit off topic, but anyone who has a Ford Focus will find that the wallet that the handbooks came in is a perfect fit cover for the prs 505
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the most off-the-wall comment award for this evening is.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Bit off topic, but anyone who has a Ford Focus will find that the wallet that the handbooks came in is a perfect fit cover for the prs 505
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #9
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the most off-the-wall comment award for this evening is.......

and my prize is ????
Old 09-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Hmmm... wonder what the Ford dealer would charge me for one of those wallets?

Jed, your cover is amazing. I'd be tempted to try & do something similar except my sewing machine would never handle the thick denim fabrics.

Last edited by Elsi; 09-13-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Right now ? nothing, you might even get cash out of the deal but you'll pay sthing for the wallet though...

Well Bilbo, Solihull knows about cars now, don't you?

Seriously, I love the cover. I am going to gelt some felt tomorrow, he he he

Last edited by aceflor; 09-13-2009 at 04:32 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #12
columbus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hmmm... wonder what the Ford dealer would charge me for one of those wallets?

Jed, your cover is amazing. I'd be tempted to try & do something similar except my sewing machine would never handle the thick denim fabrics.
Try just asking nicely
Old 09-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #13
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
and my prize is ????
Shiny karma on its way to you - thanks for bringing a touch of the unexpected to the evening!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Sorry, husband been sick all night, haven't slept, am writing crap, really. Note to self: should not post on mobileread when sleep deprived.

I meant you would not pay for a Ford Focus, they'd be happy to give it away. The wallet now... (does not sound funny anymore now, silly me)

Solihull (where Bilbo comes from) is a pilgrimage place for all Landrover fans. Ford - Landrover - ha ha . I am really really tired.

Last edited by aceflor; 09-13-2009 at 05:26 PM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Sorry, husband been sick all night, haven't slept, am writing crap, really. Note to self: should not post on mobileread when sleep deprived.

I meant you would not pay right no for a Ford Focus, they'd be happy to give it away. The wallet now... (does not sound funny anymore now, silly me)

Solihull (where Bilbo comes from) is a pilgrimage place for all Landrover fans. Ford - Landrover - ha ha . I am really really tired.
No problem ace, your quote reminded me of the old joke:

Customer: Do you have a manual wallet for a Ford Focus?
Salesman: Seems like a fair swap!

Landrover factory is indeed in Solihull. I used to work right next to it.