Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
FREE BOOK: The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose [PDF, LIT & Mobi]

M.J. Rose has links to other formats of her book on her website.

Quote:
* To Download a free copy of THE REINCARNATIONIST to your computer:

click here

Add the book to your cart and proceed as if you are buying the book but when you get to checkout just use the code

FREEREINCARNATIONIST

OR
* Click here to download the free ebook of THE REINCARNATIONIST to your Amazon Kindle.

* Valid from October 20 - 31, 2008, 11:59 p.m. EST. One-time use only. Not to be used with other offers or coupons.
Edit: More info.

Digital Rights Information
Adobe PDF eBook
Copy: not allowed
Print: not allowed
Reading aloud: not allowed

Microsoft eBook
Owner exclusive content: activation required

Mobipocket eBook
Protected content: Mobipocket "PID" required to open the eBook
Device Restrictions: Usable on up to 3 supported devices (PC or PDA)

ETA: Book Description

Quote:
From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. Best known as an author of erotic thrillers, Rose (Lip Service) delves into religious myth and past-life discovery in her well-paced ninth novel. In present-day Rome, a terrorist bomb explosion triggers flashbacks of pre-Christian Italy in photographer Josh Ryder. Josh experiences the memories as Julius, a pagan priest defending the sacrosanct monuments of his gods and the life of his vestal virgin lover against the emperor-mandated onslaught of Christianity in A.D. 391. Six months later, Josh has teamed with the Phoenix Foundation, an institute specializing in past-life memories in children, to explore a newly excavated tomb that may contain pagan memory stones that incite past-life regressions and will, by proving the existence of reincarnation, challenge the church. The stakes rise after it becomes clear that dangerous outside forces also want the stones. In a series of memory lurches, the narratives of Josh and Julius slowly wind together to reveal a Da Vinci Code–esque tale of intrigue that's more believably plotted and better meets its ambitions than Dan Brown's ubiquitous book. (Sept.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

From Booklist
After a bomb explosion nearly kills photojournalist Josh Ryder, he begins experiencing flashbacks—or, perhaps, memories—of events that seem to have happened to him 1,600 years earlier, in another life. Convinced these episodes aren't figments of his imagination, he enlists the aid of the Phoenix Foundation, a group that specializes in past-life research. Later, when he becomes involved in the unearthing of an ancient tomb—and experiences a connection with its long-buried resident—Josh realizes he has a chance to right a wrong that happened a millennium and a half ago, not to mention an opportunity to solve a series of modern-day murders. This is one of those books that succeeds in spite of itself: even though the writing is merely competent, the story itself is so appealing that you can't stop reading. Josh Ryder is a difficult character to pull off (among other things, he's a man in love with a woman who lived 1,600 years ago), and at times he comes off a little loopy. But for the most part he, like the novel itself, is surprisingly well grounded in the real world. Pitt, David

Last edited by daffy4u; 10-21-2008 at 10:10 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Thanks for heads up!

I was on the fence about this book, and getting it free definitely makes it an easier choice.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Thumbs up

Thanks! I've never read any of her books but free is a great way to try one out!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
So is this a Love Story? I registered and downloaded the book and then looked around at the rest of the site. It seems Harlequin only publishes Romance. Is that correct?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Thanks for that, I had been looking at this one too, great stuff

babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2008, 05:51 AM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Is this that New Age stuff? Ewww...
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
The Reincarnationist is a historical thriller with romantic overtones but in my opinion is quite weak for various reasons - the main protagonist is just dumb for example -

Luckily I read The Memorist first, the second book in the loose series of historical thrillers based around the idea of reincarnation, past lives, recovering memory of such - and that one is a much, much better book and I really enjoyed it..

So skip this one and try that one - browse it first somewhere since now it should be in stores everywhere to see if you like it. If you start with this one there is a good chance you will abandon it.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
So is this a Love Story? I registered and downloaded the book and then looked around at the rest of the site. It seems Harlequin only publishes Romance. Is that correct?
Yes... the "Harlequin Romance" is actually a category in some book stores.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #9
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I picked up the freebie because I almost bought it from Fictionwise this morning. I may or may not like it but it's been on my FW and BoB wishlists so I may as well try it.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #10
mjroseauthor
mjroseauthor is on a distinguished road

Device: none
THE REINCARNATIONIST is suspense not romance

A friend told me you were talking about my book and suggested I show up to clear something up. I write suspense and psychological suspense. I'm published by Mira which yes,is owned by Harlequin, but I don't write romances - not that there is anything wrong with them - but my books are more in the vein of and have been compared to Katherine Neville and Doug Preston/Lincoln Childs. I didn't want anyone to download my book thinking it was a romance because you'd be really disappointed in it. Thanks for your time.
mjroseauthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroseauthor View Post
A friend told me you were talking about my book and suggested I show up to clear something up. I write suspense and psychological suspense. I'm published by Mira which yes,is owned by Harlequin, but I don't write romances - not that there is anything wrong with them - but my books are more in the vein of and have been compared to Katherine Neville and Doug Preston/Lincoln Childs. I didn't want anyone to download my book thinking it was a romance because you'd be really disappointed in it. Thanks for your time.
Cool. Thanks so much for stopping by. There are a couple of other threads about the free Kindle version of your book which included the description of what the book is about. I neglected to add that information to this thread. I'll go back and correct it.

Thanks for the free book, thanks for posting and welcome to MobileRead!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #12
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Well I guess that clears that up. I will give it a go. Thanks to the author for the input. Amazing
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
If someone has downloaded the MS Lit version and would be willing to e-mail a copy to me, I would appreciate it. Please send me a PM. I went to download the book to give it a try now that it has been definitively described as not a romance, but Harlequin insists I open an account, something I would prefer not to do at this time. Thanks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #14
elsussman
Connoisseur
elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elsussman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle paperwhite, kindle voyage and android kindle app
Well i registered on the site... put in my mobipocket PID numbers got as far as getting the book in my shopping cart and entered the coupon code for the free copy and got to checkout where it said...unable to complete transaction at this time... this was tried multiple times last night and again today...anyone have the same problem??

Elihu
elsussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
GingerTez
Stroppy Ginger Scotsman
GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GingerTez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
thank you very much OP and to M. J. Rose for making this available free. Downloaded and on my reader for reading next...

My wife already has a hard copy of this but I prefer to use my reader as much as possible... she reads a lot of mystery fiction and wholeheartedly recommends the book, and M. J. Rose's previous books too. I have so many eBooks to read that I'd probably never have gotten round to reading the paperback but because I carry my reader everywhere (yes, even there ) it'll actually stand a chance of being read!

Cheers,
Terry.
GingerTez is offline   Reply With Quote