Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #91
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
In some video or review, I saw that you can sort by language - thank goodness!!
Phew...
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #92
biZarre
biZarre began at the beginning.

Device: Kinder Paperwhite 2
"old" PW1 just sold off, pre-order placed for new PW2 Using KT 3G in the meantime...

Delivery date is October 1st, and I'm looking forward to the new tech.

Never did get used to the odd pinkish color areas that would appear on the KP1, so hopefully it's all worked out in this new release.

Should be an exciting week coming up!
biZarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #93
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by biZarre View Post
"old" PW1 just sold off, pre-order placed for new PW2 Using KT 3G in the meantime...
How much did you get for the PW1 and what kind was it, SO? wifi?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #94
biZarre
biZarre began at the beginning.

Device: Kinder Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
How much did you get for the PW1 and what kind was it, SO? wifi?
It was the wifi version, SO were disabled (by amazon) and a case was included (not the amazon one). Sold for just over $110.

Got a fair amount of interest on Craigslist, sold in less than 5 days.
biZarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #95
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by biZarre View Post
It was the wifi version, SO were disabled (by amazon) and a case was included (not the amazon one). Sold for just over $110.

Got a fair amount of interest on Craigslist, sold in less than 5 days.
Very good price!!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #96
Mooninite
Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Mooninite is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle PW1 & 2
Monday, October 7, 2013 - Thursday, October 10, 2013 by 8:00pm
Mooninite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #97
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
All orders I make from Amazon get delivered PRIOR to their expected delivery date. I expect mine the end of next week.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #98
Selrond
Selrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeSelrond possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Touch
Cheers from Slovakia! :-D my estimated delivery is between 17.-21. October :-P can't wait for it!
Selrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #99
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
3G model - 6th November

And ordered on 4th September. UK.

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #100
shahvikram123
shahvikram123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Order placed on 19th of Sep

Expected delivery date of Friday 11 Oct 2013 - Monday 14 Oct 2013.

Thats ages! I literally just sold my kindle keyboard so I'm going to be without Kindle for like 2-3 weeks.

Anyone know if they come early when you preorder them?
shahvikram123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #101
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
ORDER PLACED September 17, 2013
DELIVERY ESTIMATE Monday, October 7, 2013 - Thursday, October 10, 2013 by 8:00pm

I placed my order a few hours after my trial Amazon Prime expired =(

Last edited by Outrager; 09-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Outrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #102
shahvikram123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
ORDER PLACED September 17, 2013
DELIVERY ESTIMATE Monday, October 7, 2013 - Thursday, October 10, 2013 by 8:00pm

I placed my order a few hours after my trial Amazon Prime expired =(

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone is willing to give me one of their Prime guest spots just for this order please PM me.
What does Amazon Prime give your kindle? I know you can lend books or something but how does it effect your order for the Kindle Paperwhite? Just wondering
Old 09-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #103
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahvikram123 View Post
What does Amazon Prime give your kindle? I know you can lend books or something but how does it effect your order for the Kindle Paperwhite? Just wondering
Depends on the country. In the UK it gets you free next day delivery and access to the Kindle lending library (1 book a month) and I think that's it.

I don't really think that it's worth the £50 annual fee they want for it, as we can get free supersaver delivery anyway if willing to wait a few days for the order, and in case of can't-wait-itis, paying for next day delivery is between £6 and £8 IIRC.

Last edited by Yolina; 09-23-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #104
shahvikram123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Depends on the country. In the UK it gets you free next day delivery and access to the Kindle lending library (1 book a month) and I think that's it.

I don't really think that it's worth the £50 annual fee they want for it, as we can get free supersaver delivery anyway if willing to wait a few days for the order, and in case of can't-wait-itis, paying for next day delivery is between £6 and £8 IIRC.
oh ok, Yh I agree, I dont see the point in it either. Normally when I choose supersaver delivery its more than good enough. It's good for people that need their stuff off amazon ASAP.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #105
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post

Quote:
oh ok, Yh I agree, I dont see the point in it either. Normally when I choose supersaver delivery its more than good enough. It's good for people that need their stuff off amazon ASAP.
I just wanted it to get the free 2 day shipping.
From my experience it is a lot faster than the free super saver shipping.
The super saver shipping they seem to hold onto it a few days before shipping out while the 2 day prime shipping seems to get priority.

I just didn't want to wait an extra week to receive the PW2 because I'm pretty excited to get it. But it's okay if I have to. It's just too bad I can't convert my Amazon gift cards into Best Buy ones or I would've bought it in the store on launch day.

EDIT: It seems you can't change the shipping to the free 2 day shipping unless I had Amazon Prime prior to my order. There goes that idea. Still super excited to get my hands on my first lighted eReader.

Last edited by Outrager; 09-23-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Outrager is offline   Reply With Quote