Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
rv1458
rv1458 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Searchable Notes

I would like to be able to read ebooks, pdfs, and blog posts on a device that would allow me to easily highlight text AND take notes that are searchable from my computer. I like the idea of being able to hand write notes and then have them convert to text but I don't know if that even exists (not to mention my horrible handwriting would probably cause issues).

Can the Kindle DX do this? I see that it has a keyboard...

I'd prefer an e-ink screen no smaller than 10", but I'm not sure what I want to do is possible on an ereader. The 13" Sony looks pretty awesome but is crazy expensive...and I don't even know if it is capable of doing what I want to do.
rv1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
All Kindles can take notes from within a book/PDF.

They will be synced between any devices you have, if bought from the Kindle Store. (So you can use Kindle 4 PC to read the notes.)

Additionally, Kindle devices (but not the apps IIRC) will save all notes you make, into a file called "My Clippings.txt" which you can copy off your Kindle to your computer.

Other devices have their own ways to save your notes, I believe the Sony can upload them to Evernote?

However, the only way to take notes from a blog post is by hand, unless you use something like the Send to Kindle app to turn the webpage into an ebook and send it to your device.

calibre can download news articles from many sources using community-developed news recipes, and transfer them to your device.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert