Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-15-2015, 04:19 AM   #1
jokapo
jokapo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Mark as read on ereader

Does calibre have the possibility to mark epubs on the ereader as read?

My ereader crashed a while ago so i had to put on the whole library again.
jokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:28 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokapo View Post
Does calibre have the possibility to mark epubs on the ereader as read?

My ereader crashed a while ago so i had to put on the whole library again.
Not directly, but many people create a custom column for this purpose. You do have to update it manually though as Calibre does not do this automatically.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:49 AM   #3
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
The custom column dosn't solve it. Calibre writes not into the metadata on the ereader, where it saves the numer of the actual read page.
faltradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:55 AM   #4
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
It really depends what the ereader _is_. I mean, Calibre recognizes your ereader because someone wrote a driver for it. Most drivers are really really simple, and only know how to send/remove books to/from the device. Some drivers are smarter, and know how to (for example) manage collections/shelves/whatever as well, for devices that allow it. And of course, the smarter the driver has to be, the more work has to be done by people with both the time and the device.

Now maybe your device's "read" mechanism can be managed by Calibre, maybe not. If it can, someone will have to work on the driver to implement that. If not, well...

N.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
jokapo
jokapo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Im using the Sony PRSt-2
jokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
My Kobo Utilities plugin can do this for the Kobo ereaders. Someone was looking at porting this to the Sony's. I don't know what happened with this as I haven't heard from him for a while.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote