Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
tamhas
Zealot
tamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Bulk updates

In moving from a Kindle keyboard to a Kindle Paperwhite, I find that my collections have not moved with me and pushing the collection from Calibre to the Paperwhite appears to require me to jailbreak the Kindle, which doesn't appeal to me, especially with uncertainty about whether it keeps working. The main function of Collections for me was to take books out of the unread pile, either because they had been read or because they were a category for something other than current reading (reference, reserve, etc.). Now, it seems like I should manage this in Calibre instead, except for a few small collections like reference which are not hard to maintain manually. So, I have added a new Status column to correspond to Read, Skipped, Cookbook, etc. so that I can tell whether a book should be on the device or not. The problem with this is that my Read Mystery collection is over 230 books. Is there any way to do a bulk update of the status column over that set? I can sort them so they are adjacent, but how to do the update? One by one is quite tedious.
tamhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@tamhas - select the 230 books and press 'E' to get to Bulk Metadata Edit, your custom column will be in the Custom Columns tab. Whatever you put into Status will be applied to all the books

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #3
tamhas
Zealot
tamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheesetamhas can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Wonderful! Worked like a champ!
tamhas is offline   Reply With Quote