Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Webby
Webby began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Smile My Christmas Present

Hi to you all,

been watching and learning from you all for months and months now. having discovered Eink, quickly decided it was for me and used mobileread to choose the reader. never saw it before and relied totally on this website to choose the device. decided 100% on the sony and then at the last minute picked the cybook. what can i say...................
LOVE IT
LOVE IT
LOVE IT....
Best Christmas ever.... thanks to HarryT and Nate and all the rest of you for the fantastic critiques that stopped me going on a limb for the sony (stupid choice in England I think) , the only thing that i can say is that if you order one, please order the case. it is really light and really delicate (in a good way!) but you will need the case to protect it. otherwise, just order and enjoy..... this thing is just made for people who like to read lots....
LOVE IT
LOVE IT LOVE IT etc............. if you have any doubts, just get it, it is BRILLIANT
xxx
Webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
So you like it, do you?

It IS good, isn't it? You're absolutely right about the case - it's essential.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
glad you're enjoying it - I am loving mine too. I've had more of a chance to use it over Christmas aswell. I totally agree about the case, it's essential but also very nice! It's so good to be able to put it down when my kids want something and know it's safe!

Hope you continue to enjoy
Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:46 PM   #4
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I got my Cybook for Christmas as well. I'm loving it!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
great Justy !
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
philodox
philodox doesn't litterphilodox doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen 3
Glad you are enjoying yours, I love mine as well. I wish my wife had ordered the case... no way I am paying $30 shipping to order one now.
philodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Hubby got me the Deluxe version. I told him if he only got 1 accessory it had to be the cover, so he got all of them. *LOL*

We chose the Cybook for the fact that I can read my entire exisiting Mobipocket library on it and still be fairly cost effective. I love the display, it is totally worth the move from my iPAQ 2490 for reading books. Also, living in Canada the Sony and Kindle weren't really options anyway, that limited my choices considerably.

I hardly even notice the page change anymore, which totally surprises me considering how much I noticed it when I first started reading on it!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #8
SciFiBill
SciFiBill began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Irex DR800SG
Jeez, I can't wait! I waited till after Christmas to order, and am caught up in the backlog. I have 7 or so CD's from BlackMask and am waiting to reread the ERB Mars novels. I have them already in text, but was reading that html is probably better. I put this off waay too long.

P.S. Webby, you need to change that "Still deciding" in your profile...

Last edited by SciFiBill; 01-11-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Add a ps...
SciFiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #9
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
I got one for Christmas, too. And I loove it! I am logging off now and going to read Harry's Oliver Twist. Tadaa!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
DickyCheung22
Enthusiast
DickyCheung22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I think it is good, enjoy it~~
DickyCheung22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #11
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
So.. You seem a bit ambiguous about it... Do you like it?
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:50 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiBill View Post
I have 7 or so CD's from BlackMask and am waiting to reread the ERB Mars novels. I have them already in text, but was reading that html is probably better. I put this off waay too long.
Download my ERB "Barsoom Omnibus" from MR. Much better formatted than anything you'll find elsewhere.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm confused.....Is an ebook Reader, then, like a wife?!

Glad you like your Reader. Most of us are very happy with our Reader of choice.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiBill View Post
Jeez, I can't wait! I waited till after Christmas to order, and am caught up in the backlog. I have 7 or so CD's from BlackMask and am waiting to reread the ERB Mars novels. I have them already in text, but was reading that html is probably better. I put this off waay too long.

P.S. Webby, you need to change that "Still deciding" in your profile...

Edgar Rice Burroughs's Mars series is already here on MobileRead, and in your PRC format, thanks to Harry!!

Here they are:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12782

His LRFs are beautiful. I imagine his PRCs are just as lovely.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:13 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
His LRFs are beautiful. I imagine his PRCs are just as lovely.

Don
They are simply divine, my dear - simply divine .