Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Case w/ Built-In Speaker

I saw Meade 5-Star cases with built-in speakers at Big Lots, and picked one up thinking there had to be a use for them. After a few weeks, it occurred to me that my PRS-505 might just fit.

Take a look at the pics below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1020081jpg-1.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	17195   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1020082jpg-0.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	17196  
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledelectron View Post
I saw Meade 5-Star cases with built-in speakers at Big Lots, and picked one up thinking there had to be a use for them. After a few weeks, it occurred to me that my PRS-505 might just fit.
Where exactly are the speakers? I can't see them in the pictures. All I see is what appears to be the battery pack.

Anyway, who uses the audio player on the Reader? If you enjoy listening to music while you read, the Reader plus a dedicated mp3 player is the better way to go IMO.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
recycledelectron
Groupie
recycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-booksrecycledelectron has learned how to read e-books

Device: Lifebook T5010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Where exactly are the speakers? I can't see them in the pictures. All I see is what appears to be the battery pack.
The speakers use the entire cover of the case to project the sound, which is quite a bit better in terms of volume and battery life than most compact speaker systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Anyway, who uses the audio player on the Reader? If you enjoy listening to music while you read, the Reader plus a dedicated mp3 player is the better way to go IMO.
That would involve keeping 2 batteries charged. I find the single device of the reader to be sufficient for listening to an audio book now and then.

Andy
recycledelectron is offline   Reply With Quote