Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
(weird) recipe opening a window

so, i am dealing with a Oauth driven site.. all code is fine, except that i had to hardcode authcode inside the recipe, after have manually retrieved it :/

At first i though to re-use one of the username/password to paste the auth_code but first i need to retrieve it, something that a normal user would find tricky.. any ideas?

note: calibre do not have to really deal with the oauth mechanism, the sequenze i have in mind is

Code:
  1. run recipe
  2. (if no oauth token is saved) open a popup / window with the proper oauth url
  3. do auth process
  4. retrieve auth_code
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
recipes can run in contexts where no GUI is available, therefore you cannot rely on being able to interact with the user while a recipe is running.

As I see it, you have two options

1) get the user to input the OAuth token in the username or password fields
2) get the user to input their OAuth providers credentials in the suername and password fields and then add code to the recipe to do the authentication

1) is easy for you hard for the user 2) is hard for you easy for the user.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

yeah i was thinking the same.. will try to implement number 2, let's see if that drives me mad, especially because it involves even auth via google
Old 10-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
mr.w0lf
n00b

i found that maybe i could do that with mechanize, but there is some JS involveed, in one of the steps, and as far as i know mechanize don't load it.. may you point me where is located the code of javascript_login() function? maybe i can re-use some of it to achieve what i need
Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the get_browser() function in feeds/news.py it uses a full headless webkit browser and then copies the cookies to mechanize.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
mr.w0lf
n00b

tryed it, but Oauth passes through Google auth and this thing uses meta-refresh that jsbrowser doesn't seem to support/understand/don't want do deal with it..
on the other side i could circumvent it if it was possible for me to write raw headers to use the same method in Google_uber recipe..

on the other side i can not handle the last response it's give to me: browser points to localhost, which is obviously offline, but i need to get the url of it to get the auth code that is what is all this mess for

I am a little tired, sorry if something is not that clear :/