Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Gecko PRS-T1 cover

A quick review of the Gecko basic cover for the Sony PRS-T1

I ordered this cover several weeks back and even after an error in item delivery Gecko were pretty quick to resolve the issue and send me the correct cover.

Both front and rear of the cover are well padded in faux leather (black in my case) with a well lined velvet like fabric inside. The inside of the front flap has pockets that do not interfere with the touch screen of the T1 when closed unlike my other brand PRS-650 cover which resulted in surgery to remove the internal pocket. The spine also has a loop for the stylus, solving the issue of where to store the stylus.

The T1 itself is locked into place by corner straps, the upper two being elastic whilst the bottom are moulded to suit the dimensions of the T1. No buttons or card slots are compromised by the strap arrangement at all.

The cover closes with as magnetic clasp, fastening to the rear of the cover.

Weight is not an issue here either as it is quite light. This is not going to compromise the weight of the reader when it is placed into the cover.

Gecko has since released two more T1 covers, a normal cover and a cover with a integral light. Both hold the ereader securely onto the back of the cover in a sleeve arrangement rather than the corner strap method.

After a week or so of using my T1 with the cover, I am quite impressed with it.

Recommended.

sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
I have ordered the Luxe model, and will be pleased if it is as good as the description of the model you have.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are the straps as annoying as they look?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope.

They just sit flat and keep to themselves.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
How does the stylus stay put? It's not obvious from the photo.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #6
sabredog

There is a loop of faux leather to secure the stylus in place.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #7
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Looks great, especially since it has the loop for the stylus. I think I'm going to get a friend one of these for Christmas. Thanks for posting!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Anyone tried the Sony [or any other] one with light ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #9
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I also got the Gecko, mainly for the pen holder. It's the white one - with white T1 of course

Shipping was pretty fast from NL to Germany.

The only complaint I have is the lower right leather strap - it is not as firm as the left one and sometimes gets out of place. Maybe I'll fix with with some sewing....

(pic taken from their facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gecko...09452472469103)

Last edited by uboot; 11-30-2011 at 04:33 AM.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:49 AM   #10
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Anyone tried the Sony [or any other] one with light ?
I have the Sony-case with light. At first I thought I didn't like it because it looked cheap to me, but now I love it. I love the look and the feel of it. The reader looks great in it. But I have to say the Gecko-case with light also looks tempting
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
The bottom straps would annoy the heck out of me.
So close to functional buttons. Similar to Tuf Luv I had for 505. I could not stand them. The space around the button must be clear.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #12
sabredog

Choosing a cover is as much a personal choice as choosing the ereader that you purchased the cover for.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I'd be tempted to cut out all four straps and velcro a reader in place instead.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The way I hold my 650, the bottom straps would be really annoying.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #15
GiulioP
GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GiulioP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I can´t see a picture of the Gecko cover LUXE with the built-in light.. where is it?
GiulioP is offline   Reply With Quote