Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I don't know what to put on my homescreen.

This will give some of you an idea of what people are putting on their desktops. We have a thread here with some screen shots, but it's not in depth like the folks at XDA have. There are also some pointers on configuring your launcher.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=860404

I picked up some ideas for my own use! I now use the No Lock app. I found the auto-locking screen annoying. Now it doesn't lock, but it still sleeps.

Good stuff can be found for those new to rooting their NOOKcolor.

Last edited by SCION; 01-15-2011 at 03:24 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Thanks for the No Lock reminder. I never paid attention to it for my phone, since I use a password, but for my NC I don't so the lock screen is just an annoyance!
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I don't even no what the lock auto screen is....or where to find it......
But I think I'm good the way I am

I really need to do some work on my homescreen too....... Although I've got a sweet shot from my recent grand canyon trip as my wallpaper.......just haven't actually finished putting things on my desktop(s)...... Maybe this will give me some incentive....Thanks
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't even no what the lock auto screen is....or where to find it......
But I think I'm good the way I am

I really need to do some work on my homescreen too....... Although I've got a sweet shot from my recent grand canyon trip as my wallpaper.......just haven't actually finished putting things on my desktop(s)...... Maybe this will give me some incentive....Thanks
When you turn your screen on you have to unlock it by sliding the 'n' across the screen. I no longer have that. It goes straight to my desktop.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote