Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #16
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
Please report back if they do increase the discount! (So I can check out the local store...)
Went today. All gone. Oh well...
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #17
meisterz
meisterz began at the beginning.

Device: TH55
Picked mine up this morning. There were 4 left. The 505 price was still 195.98 but the lighted cover is now 32.99 It was 45 on saturday (64>45>32) Thanks for the cool Target tips!
meisterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Congrats!! The 505 is an amazing little gadget! How are you liking it so far??
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisterz View Post
Picked mine up this morning. There were 4 left. The 505 price was still 195.98 but the lighted cover is now 32.99 It was 45 on saturday (64>45>32) Thanks for the cool Target tips!

Check Staples. I got a lighted cover for the 505 off the clearance table for $12.50!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:26 AM   #20
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Check Staples. I got a lighted cover for the 505 off the clearance table for $12.50!
I've been checking for the lighted covers at Staples stores near me for the last week or two can't find one. I'm hoping Target will have another markdown soon; at the one closest to me they've had a consistent display of half a dozen at $32 for awhile.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #21
LilMissMarie
LilMissMarie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (red)
congrats! i was finally able to find a (red) 505 here. from sony store and display unit for a few months. but it looks brand new. and i only paid $150. now i didnt want to pay that much 'used' and new were going for $200, but it was all i could find.
LilMissMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:36 AM   #22
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissMarie View Post
congrats! i was finally able to find a (red) 505 here. from sony store and display unit for a few months. but it looks brand new. and i only paid $150. now i didnt want to pay that much 'used' and new were going for $200, but it was all i could find.
That's a heck of a deal!

Congrats!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #23
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
All, remember that just after the holiday season (early January), Sony Stores sell their window displays at great mark downs. I got my 505 at 40% off when I bought it in early Jan 08.

I didn't know about the window display deal till I stumbled on it by accident. And, it turns out you can put your name on a 'want list' for the mark downed items. When your name comes up, the store calls you (or sends you an email) and you can either go buy it or opt not to.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #24
ssophon
Enthusiast
ssophon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Who lives in Irving, TX area. Walmart at I635 sales 505 for $150. Base on what I saw it has about 5+ boxes. Its price is dropped from last week $25, 175$ last week and about $195 a month ago.

I am thinking to get this but I still want the new one that has dictionary. I believe that if I wait about two to three weeks it should go down to $125. Let's see if I decide to buy this.
ssophon is offline   Reply With Quote