Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #871
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I wonder if there will be a limit to how many times you can renew a book.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #872
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I noticed that there is now the following statement on my bookshelf page:

If a title is available to renew, the option will become available within 3 days of its expiration.

How long has this renew option been available? That's nice!
I have used this! It's been there for about month now.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-19-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #873
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I think waiting lists take long enough as it is. If they do this for all books I might just give up.
If there isn't wait list you can recheck them out. If there's a wait list you can't renew. It's only suppose to show for books with no wait list but I notice today it's now showing for all books but if you click on renew it wont let you do so unless there is no wait list.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-19-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #874
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If there isn't wait list you can recheck them out. If there's a wait list you can't renew. It's only suppose to show for books with no wait list but I notice today it's now showing for all books but if click on renew it wont let you do so unless there is no wait list.
Thanks. That's good to know.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #875
MissRead
MissRead began at the beginning.

Device: android
Still needing changes to Wish List in Overdrive

Hi, just in case anyone from Overdrive is watching this thread now- Please add a feature to filter the wish list by items that are currently available.

And it would be nice if there was more than one choice of viewing options. I am finding it hard to tell what the books are about by just the little cover photo. I know I put them in my wihlist for a reason, but that doesn't mean I am in the mood to read any book on my wishlist at the current time.

MissRead
MissRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #876
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRead View Post
Hi, just in case anyone from Overdrive is watching this thread now- Please add a feature to filter the wish list by items that are currently available.

And it would be nice if there was more than one choice of viewing options. I am finding it hard to tell what the books are about by just the little cover photo. I know I put them in my wihlist for a reason, but that doesn't mean I am in the mood to read any book on my wishlist at the current time.

MissRead
Wishlist is nightmare. You can only view 20 per page and it takes forever to see them all. I don't think anyone comes here anymore from Overdrive.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #877
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Wishlist is nightmare. You can only view 20 per page and it takes forever to see them all. I don't think anyone comes here anymore from Overdrive.
Mine shows 40 in the cover, grid and list views.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #878
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Mine shows 40 in the cover, grid and list views.
Yes but only the first 40 if you click show the rest it's goes to 20 books per page.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #879
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I now duplicate my wishlist in Goodreads. Makes it easier to view and I have a backup. Extra work though!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #880
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I get all my wishlisted items by editing the url to say MyCompleteWishList.htm?PerPage=800&StartRecord=1 instead of MyCompleteWishList.htm?PerPage=20&StartRecord=1

Granted, I shouldn't have to do that, but it was always an easy fix for me, so I never thought it was a problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #881
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I get all my wishlisted items by editing the url to say MyCompleteWishList.htm?PerPage=800&StartRecord=1 instead of MyCompleteWishList.htm?PerPage=20&StartRecord=1

Granted, I shouldn't have to do that, but it was always an easy fix for me, so I never thought it was a problem.
I will give that a try!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #882
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It just seemed obvious to me really -- any url parameter like that is just ASKING to be mercilessly exploited by me.

Glad I could help.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:26 AM   #883
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It just seemed obvious to me really -- any url parameter like that is just ASKING to be mercilessly exploited by me.

Glad I could help.
It works great! I can see my whole wishlist and edit it now! K to you!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #884
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
If anyone fom Overdrive still comes, I would like to understand the decision behind NOT showing all wislist items when one clicks on wishlist?
Ther surely is a reason, I just can't figure out what it is.

Months into the redesign, I still find browsing extremely slow, which takes away from the pleasure. Load times should be like Amazon's and Ebay's, which have equally database driven, image heavy pages.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:11 AM   #885
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Thanks to eschwartz for the tip about the URL - I'll have to try that!

I've been annoyed because I click the link to show more books on the wishlist, then it gives me 20 at a time, then I click on page 2, but it shows me the same books as page 1. Once I get to page 3 it's OK.

My wish - when I click on a series name to see all books in that series, I would like to be able to sort by series order.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote