Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #166
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Has anyone else seen this issue?

Just started midway through replacing 100 or so books yesterday. Looks to be an issue with deleting the book as the error occurs after the book has been deleted but before it is replaced. Check this by just deleting a single book and received the same error. The error doesn't freeze things and clicking OK lets it progress to the next book and books get replaced ok.

I've restarted both PC and iPad today and the error is still present. Also present on 1.4.0 and previous version.
Quote:
calibre, version 1.37.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>EOFError</b>:

calibre 1.37 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 682, in marvin_status_changed
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.action", line 1048, in remove_paths_from_hash_cache
EOFError
Old 05-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #167
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
Has anyone else seen this issue?

Just started midway through replacing 100 or so books yesterday. Looks to be an issue with deleting the book as the error occurs after the book has been deleted but before it is replaced. Check this by just deleting a single book and received the same error. The error doesn't freeze things and clicking OK lets it progress to the next book and books get replaced ok.

I've restarted both PC and iPad today and the error is still present. Also present on 1.4.0 and previous version.
@Steadyhands, this is actually an issue with the Marvin XD plugin, which works closely with the iOSRA plugin. I've created an issue on your behalf which you can find at this link. Please subscribe to that issue (you will need to sign up with GitHub), then follow the steps I outline there to help me diagnose the problem.

G
Advert
Old 05-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #168
parkview7
parkview7 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 3rd Generation
Calibre IOS plugin

Won't install -
calibre, version 1.34.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 375, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 211, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at /var/folders/1k/q_p36xk51jx6wtzx321vhq380000gn/T/calibre_1.34.0_tmp_4iC_WE/jgy_yM.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.37.0
Old 05-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #169
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The error message is telling you exactly what the problem was. Did you actually read it?

calibre, version 1.34.0.

The plugin at /var/folders/1k/q_p36xk51jx6wtzx321vhq380000gn/T/calibre_1.34.0_tmp_4iC_WE/jgy_yM.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.37.0
Old 05-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #170
cctp33
cctp33 began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Problem with Kindle Reader on iphone

Books are still being copied to the device, but it's not discovering the ones I have and I keep getting an error message.

I tried the debugging button and this is what was returned.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

calibre, version 1.39.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'

calibre 1.39 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.2.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.2.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9.3', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.config", line 554, in device_diagnostics
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.config", line 281, in _add_device_book_count
AttributeError: 'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'
Advert
Old 05-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #171
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctp33 View Post
Books are still being copied to the device, but it's not discovering the ones I have and I keep getting an error message.

I tried the debugging button and this is what was returned.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.39.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'

calibre 1.39 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.2.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.2.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.2.0: Thu Apr 17 23:03:13 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.100.13~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9.3', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.config", line 554, in device_diagnostics
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.config", line 281, in _add_device_book_count
AttributeError: 'iOSReaderApp' object has no attribute 'cached_books'
@cctp33, please create a GitHub issue at the plugin's issue tracker. Follow the directions in issue #1 Creating a new issue to create a debug log.

G
Old 05-31-2014, 09:11 AM   #172
cctp33
cctp33 began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Smile Thank you

GRiker:

Thanks for your quick reply. I just wanted to let you know that I went through all your prelim steps and still had the problem, but I then re-installed the Kindle app on my iphone and it cleared the issue.

No idea what the deal was, but that fixed it. I'll enter an issue if it recurs.

One other thing: Please consider adding pdf as a file format for the Kindle interface. Converting pdf to mobi sometimes bloats files 10x and the app reads pdfs just fine.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the great plugin.

cctp33

Last edited by cctp33; 05-31-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:05 AM   #173
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctp33 View Post
GRiker: ...

One other thing: Please consider adding pdf as a file format for the Kindle interface. Converting pdf to mobi sometimes bloats files 10x and the app reads pdfs just fine.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the great plugin.

cctp33
I've created a GitHub feature request on your behalf.

Please visit that link for instructions on downloading a prerelease version of the plugin with support for sending PDFs to the Kindle for iOS app, and let me know of any issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware that the Kindle for iOS app supported PDFs.

G
Old 06-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #174
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCutterGoth View Post
Hi, I'm having a problem where i install the plug in, restart calibre, customize the plugin to see marvin. Then I connect my device, start calibre and it tells me that IOS RA is not installed, and that I should install it.

I have tried deleting plugin and it's resources then re-installing to no avail...
Hi GRiker

I am having the same problems of the plugin disappearing after installation. It installs ok, but then when I restart Calibre with my iPad 3 connected, nothing happens and when I look for the iOS reader plugin, it is in the uninstalled list.

I have tried this plugin by configuring it with Marvin (using Marvin HD) and with iBooks, but in both cases the device is unable to connect. I did read all your instructions in the first post and I have ensured that they were followed.

I do not wish to duplicate the issue so I will wait until you have addressed the issue reported above and if I get no joy then I will register a new ticket with the debug log.

Thanks

S
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #175
GRiker

Please create an issue with a debug log.

G
Old 06-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #176
GRiker

As noted in this post, I will soon be discontinuing active development of this plugin. If you are interested in taking over development of this plugin, please contact me via PM.

G
Old 06-12-2014, 03:07 AM   #177
lamp
lamp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air using Marvin, Nexus 7 (2Gen) using Calibre Companion
GoodReader 4 error

Hi I use IOS Reader Application (Version 1.4.0) to sync with GoodReader 4 for PDF file. (I switch back and forth with customize plugin to switch the "preferred IOS reader applications" from GoodReader 4 to Marvin when I sync with EPUB (Using Format "filter" to switch between PDF and EPUB).

However when I started Calibre with GoodReader 4 connected, even though the Devices with GoodReader 4 icon shows up in the toolbar, the following "Error: error" pop-up shows. Note I have no issues with GoodReader 3 App and sync before. I also have no issues with Marvin and Calibre sync.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.39.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 490, in _books
File "/var/folders/x7/94fnxx_91nl3m6wtrll3_qnr0000gn/T/calibre_1.39.0_tmp_hQr9b9/hdqdZS_ios_local_db/GoodReader_overlays.py", line 118, in books
File "/var/folders/x7/94fnxx_91nl3m6wtrll3_qnr0000gn/T/calibre_1.39.0_tmp_hQr9b9/hdqdZS_ios_local_db/GoodReader_overlays.py", line 983, in _get_nested_folder_contents
File "/var/folders/x7/94fnxx_91nl3m6wtrll3_qnr0000gn/T/calibre_1.39.0_tmp_hQr9b9/hdqdZS_ios_local_db/GoodReader_overlays.py", line 972, in _get_nested_files

--> This line 972 _get_nested_files message repeated many times, truncated here in cut-and-paste
File "/var/folders/x7/94fnxx_91nl3m6wtrll3_qnr0000gn/T/calibre_1.39.0_tmp_hQr9b9/hdqdZS_ios_local_db/GoodReader_overlays.py", line 967, in _get_nested_files
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 437, in listdir
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 1125, in _afc_read_directory
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/idevice/libimobiledevice.py", line 1033, in _afc_get_file_info
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by GRiker; 06-12-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #178
GRiker

@lamp, how many folders and subfolders do you have in GR4? Is it the same folder structure that you have in GR3? How many total PDFs do you have installed in GR4?

G

Last edited by GRiker; 06-12-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #179
lamp
lamp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air using Marvin, Nexus 7 (2Gen) using Calibre Companion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
@lamp, how many folders and subfolders do you have in GR4? Is it the same folder structure that you have in GR3? How many total PDFs do you have installed in GR4?

G
Hi - I have 8 folders under GR4 "My Documents" folders. No subfolders underneath them. I have 230 PDFs installed in GR4 that came from Calibre, they all reside under "My Documents" folders that GR4 created (not in folders or subfolders I created).

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #180
GRiker

When you installed GR4, did you use the migration assistant to transfer existing books from your GR3 installation to GR4?

I suspect that the problem has to do with how GR4 initially set up its folders. The plugin uses the same code for GR3 and GR4. I would suggest that you try uninstalling/reinstalling GR4, then send the books again directly from calibre.

G
Closed Thread