Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
M-Edge cover for PRS-700 on the PRS-600

Has anyone tried this combination?

Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Thank you (again ) for asking the question, I've been wondering too, since the 700 cover works with the 505, and the 505 cover on the 600...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
Daki
Daki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-booksDaki has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ipad
I tried fitting my husband's 600 into my 700 cover a while back, but the 600 is a little too small for it - it's also slightly thinner than the 700, making the bottom corners rather loose. Here are a couple of pictures with the 600 shifted over to the left so you can see the extra room
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	260.6 KB
ID:	36639   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	36640  
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
The loose fitting is about what I would expect since the 600 is a little thinner than the 700. I have a 505 m-edge cover and my 600 fits in it perfectly as they have very similiar dimensions.

For anyone who likes the m-edge covers and would like one for their 600, I would recommend purchasing the 505 cover and it will fit correctly.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
The 700 cover is too big for the 600. I tried my old cover on my 600 and there was enough wiggle room that I didn't feel comfortable using it to transport the device. If I was just using it at home, it would have been fine but since I carry it with me practically everywhere, I wanted it to be more secure. I ordered and received the 505 cover which fits the reader better, but the 505 cover is larger because it has an extra space at the "spine" where a light source might fit. I contacted M-Edge to see if the Eluminator2 light that the sell for the Kindle will fit and they told me it is too long for the Sony. They are developing something for the 600 and have plans to make it available in the Autumn. Something to note about he 505 cover, the 505 is slightly shorter than the 600, so the 505 cover depresses the volume control on the bottom right hand corner of the device occasionally. It hasn't actually caused me any problems, but I thought you should know.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
dontriston
Connoisseur
dontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs 600
Sorry, but yesterday I´ve got my 600, and my m-edge cover for the 700...and is perfect to me. I´ll try to up some pictures more later.

Bye.
dontriston is offline   Reply With Quote