Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free/Bargain Mystery/Suspense/Thriller in July 2013

Kinda quiet here lately...guess I'll start up the new thread.
With a shout out to NightBird who started us off.

Please don't post any self-published works.
Please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.
Thanks.

On sale this month for $3.79, on Amazon's 100 for $3.99 or less list - this series is supposed to be a classic:

He Died With His Eyes Open (Factory 1) by Derek Raymond

As it turns out, a dead man can tell stories...

Murders are a dime a dozen in Margaret Thatcher's London, and when it comes to the brutal killing of a middle-aged alcoholic found dumped outside of town, Scotland Yard has more important cases to deal with.

Instead it's a job for the Department of Unexplained Deaths and its head Detective Sergeant. With only a box of cassette-tape diaries as evidence the rogue detective has no chouce but to listen to the haunting voice of the victim for clues to his gruesome end.

The first book in Derek Raymond's acclaimed Factory Series is an unflinching yet deeply compassionate portrait of a city plagued by poverty and perversion, and a policeman who may be the only one who cares about the "people who don't matter and who never did."
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Adrenaline by Jeff Abbott is 99c [Hachette] at B&N. It's their Spotlight Author this week. Price matched at Amazon.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/adre...=9780446575195

From PW:
Quote:
Edgar-finalist Abbott's outstanding tale of high intrigue set primarily in London and Amsterdam, the first in a series, introduces Sam Capra, a London-based CIA agent. When a terrorist group bombs the agency's British headquarters, killing 20 people, the authorities believe that Sam's pregnant wife, Lucy, also a U.S. spy, helped the terrorists and disappeared with them. Immediately suspected of being part of the bombing plot, Sam winds up in secret CIA custody and tortured. Refusing to believe Lucy has turned traitor, Sam finally escapes and begins his headlong search for her and his son, whom he believes has now been born. Sam offs terrorists, cracks wise, and shows a genuinely moving concern for his wife and son. Abbott (Panic), displaying a greater mastery of the genre than in previous books, hits full stride early on and never lets up. Readers who thrive on a relentless narrative pace and a straight line to the finish won't be disappointed.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Adrenaline by Jeff Abbott is 99c [Hachette] at B&N. It's their Spotlight Author this week. Price matched at Amazon.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/adre...=9780446575195

From PW:
At Kobo too. I bought it previously (for $1.99 I think). Great book.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
kindle freebies - did my best to search the board and see if they had been posted before, but i'm not a search professional...

Bite Me
http://www.amazon.com/Bite-Me-ebook/..._154606011_f_4

Another Dev Haskell tale, read them all in any order you wish. In Bite Me, wise cracking, back slapping, wrong thinking PI Dev Haskell has just landed his dream job, providing security for people who don't need it in the first place. That all changes once someone shoots at them in broad daylight. Things quickly fly out of control and Dev suddenly finds himself under the police microscope, literally tied up in a relationship and dodging a growing pile of bodies that all seem to be linked to him. Another in the entertaining Dev Haskell series from Minnesota's Master of the Bizarre, Mike Faricy

---

Parallax View
http://www.amazon.com/Parallax-View-..._154606011_f_8

It's spring, 1987, late in the Cold War, and CIA clandestine operations agent Tracie Tanner is tasked with what should be a relatively simple mission: deliver a secret communique from Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev to U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

After smuggling the document out of East Germany, Tracie believes she is in the clear. She's wrong. A shadowy cabal is work, people who will stop at nothing to prevent the explosive information contained in the letter from reaching the White House.

Soon, Tanner is knee-deep in airplane crashes and murder, paired up with a young Maine air traffic controller and on the run for their lives, unsure who she can trust at CIA, but committed to completing her mission, no matter the cost..

---

Not For Profit
http://www.amazon.com/Profit-Scott-T...154606011_f_22

A prominent surgeon accused of murder and terrorism...

A corrupt healthcare administrator hell-bent on bloody revenge...

A mysterious seductress whose secrets could free the doctor and kill thousands...

A terrorist cell with missiles aimed at a leading hospital in America's Bible Belt...

Not for Profit takes you on an action-packed thrill ride that will have you questioning suspects, motives, and outcomes until the very last page.

Renowned plastic surgeon Dr. Scott James is charged with murder after two bodies are found at his surgery center. Just weeks before the start of his capital murder trial, Dr. James is approached by a beautiful woman claiming she can help him gain information that would prove his innocence.

---

Still Life With Murder (repeat freebie)
http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Sweeney...154606011_f_23

Book #1 of P.B. Ryan’s bestselling historical mystery series featuring Boston governess Nell Sweeney and opium-smoking former battle surgeon Will Hewitt. Long thought to have died during the Civil War, Will is arrested for murder, and it's up to Nell to prove his innocence. Originally published by Berkley Prime Crime.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks!

Still Life with Murder is also available free at Barnes & Noble.

I couldn't find the others.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
This one changed while I was viewing it. Loaded at $0. Checked the preview, skimmed the intro, decided I wanted it. And I'm a fast reader. Clicked buy. Amazon threw an error saying "prices vary by region, do you want to pay $4?" I guess I'm not going to get hooked on that author's books (and pay full price for more) after all. $4 isn't that much, but the price bait and switch bugs me.

Last edited by Buran; 07-03-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #7
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Not for Profit went up to $3.99 as well.

Bite Me is now $0.99. (I will forgo the obvious summation.)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yep - gone up on Amazon UK, too. I was fortunate enough to get them while they were still free (although judging by the reviews of an least one of them, perhaps those who didn't get them were more fortunate!).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
kindle freebies - did my best to search the board and see if they had been posted before, but i'm not a search professional...

Still Life With Murder (repeat freebie)
http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Sweeney...154606011_f_23

Book #1 of P.B. Ryan’s bestselling historical mystery series featuring Boston governess Nell Sweeney and opium-smoking former battle surgeon Will Hewitt. Long thought to have died during the Civil War, Will is arrested for murder, and it's up to Nell to prove his innocence. Originally published by Berkley Prime Crime.
Thanks. Also at amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/Still-Murder-Sw.../dp/B003UV98MM
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I'm still groaning since I'm trying to explain this problem to a Kindle service rep (trying to see if I can't get the book for $0 since it was at $0 when I clicked the link) and they keep thinking I'm trying to "borrow" the book. Ugh, Indian (I can tell from their names) outsourcing. Doesn't it cost them more to have to have multiple reps respond to me when I keep clicking "no, my issue wasn't solved"? I don't get the corporate logic... and this book now has 5/5 stars with 20 reviewers, so it looks like it's actually pretty good. C'mon, Amazon...

Last edited by Buran; 07-03-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you miss a limited time offer you miss it. No use crying over spilt milk.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #12
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Just keep it on your wish list. Chances are it will be free again.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
At Book View Cafe

A Fatal Twist of Lemon - by Patrice Greenwood

Apply the coupon code FATALTWIST-5.00OFF and get $5.00 off, for a total of $0.99. It's a limited time deal and I don't know when it'll end.

Quote:
Cops drink coffee.

They don't belong in Ellen Rosings's Victorian tearoom. But when her opening day thank-you tea ends in the murder of the president of the Santa Fe Preservation Trust, the police invade her haven.

Enter Detective Tony Aragon: attractive and unsympathetic, with a chip on his shoulder that goes beyond the murder investigation, and Ellen's delicate bone china cup is full. Is the murderer one of her honored guests, or the ghost rumored to haunt the building? Will Ellen solve the mystery, or will the Wisteria Tearoom's premiere turn out to be its—and Ellen's—finale?
Book View Cafe

Last edited by Amy_k; 07-04-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Forgot the link
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Free Friday at Barnes & Noble: The Crime of Julian Wells by Thomas H. Cook, printed in hardcover by Mysterious Press, 2012.

There are many excellent editorial reviews on the B&N page. Thomas H. Cook is one of my favorite suspense writers and I recommend anything he writes.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you for the Thomas H. Cook novel.

This looks really good. I downloaded it from B&N on my Kindle Fire HD and started to read it. Before I knew it, I had finished the Prologue and was into Chapter One.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote