Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
If that is the choice, who would not agree - but is this the choice?
This is the choice man... I'm afraid there is none other than this one!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
xexijreil
xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.xexijreil actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: JBC
Great news!. We'll have an update almost every month =D

This is Greg confirming ill get latest firmware buying it now

Quote:
Yes, it will come with the April update which includes WiFI and an overall speed update making the unit faster (you can see the rest of the features here: http://ectaco-global.blogspot.com/20...ook-color.html). The public update has been delayed as all the schools are still downloading them. There is a release planned just about every month.
xexijreil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #18
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I knew the april one wasn't the last one
Old 04-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #19
ProDigit
Karmaniac

You think one can skip an upgrade?
If someone hasn't updated to r1128 yet (the march update), will they be able to update straight to the April one?

Just checked and nothing out yet.
I'm sure in a good 10 to 15 days we'll hear from ectaco concerning the april update.

I had already estimated, the march update was released the first week of march, with a few days delay.
Which means that the april update will be moved backwards a bit, with perhaps delays of their own; so... I do expect by the end of april for there to be a link, even if it's a non-finished (beta) firmware, with an estimation on how long for the finished FW update (eg: 3 or 4 more weeks..,or 3,5months)?

I do estimate that by the end of april their FW will be largely done, perhaps some minor upgrades for the first and second week of may, and 2,5 months from that update another one to unlock the device (at least, that would be a reasonable deadline).

Last edited by ProDigit; 04-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #20
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
You think one can skip an upgrade?
If someone hasn't updated to r1128 yet (the march update), will they be able to update straight to the April one?

Just checked and nothing out yet.
I'm sure in a good 10 to 15 days we'll hear from ectaco concerning the april update.

I had already estimated, the march update was released the first week of march, with a few days delay.
Which means that the april update will be moved backwards a bit, with perhaps delays of their own; so... I do expect by the end of april for there to be a link, even if it's a non-finished (beta) firmware, with an estimation on how long for the finished FW update (eg: 3 or 4 more weeks..,or 3,5months)?

I do estimate that by the end of april their FW will be largely done, perhaps some minor upgrades for the first and second week of may, and 2,5 months from that update another one to unlock the device (at least, that would be a reasonable deadline).
Do you have any information to base any of that on?

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
nothing yet... But I have patience. I don't mind having a good fw, at the end of the month, rather than a half finished one at the beginning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacio ferrer View Post
If that is the choice, who would not agree - but is this the choice?
Quote:
This is the choice man... I'm afraid there is none other than this one!
Oh yes there is. A half finished firmware at the end of the month (or later). And that's what I expect.

Andrew
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #22
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Those last 2 quotes where on whether or not we had a choice in the upgrade. Not really.
The first quote is about my impression. I've often been right in these things before, give or take a few days. But is nothing official.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #23
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
Those last 2 quotes where on whether or not we had a choice in the upgrade. Not really.
The first quote is about my impression. I've often been right in these things before, give or take a few days. But is nothing official.
The quote from Ignacio was a direct response to your comment about having half finished firmware at the beginning of the month or a good one at the end.

But to tell you the truth, I don't really care. A major update 16 days late and counting from the promised date and nobody complaining tells me no one else cares either. I believe Ectaco even less now about their "thousands of users". They've only had about five posting on their own forum.

Andrew
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #24
ProDigit
Karmaniac

they only said to watch the April update.
In the beginning of April they updated their blog,
It is courtesy to have at least something before the end of April.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
Quote:
they only said to watch the April update.
Actually, my JBC (which I got in early March with the latest firmware) has the note on its box: "Make sure to update your device on April 1st and May 1st for even more cool features and functions!". So at least 2 more updates were planned at that time.

But I don't really care, either.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #26
davidfmu
davidfmu began at the beginning.

Device: none
April 1st Update: jetBook Color
It's time!!!!!

If you haven't received the April 1st update we'll be posting it on our site (www.jetbook.net/update) within the next 2 days.

It's about the company's Credit, not about update time.
davidfmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #27
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Just for clarification: User above copy/pasted straight from their blog; Is not an official Ectaco representative; and indeed they haven't posted the update yet.
It makes more sense to me to just wait until the final version is out.

Last edited by ProDigit; 04-17-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #28
davidfmu
davidfmu began at the beginning.

Device: none
oh ya? Posted by ECTACO Inc. at 4/03/2012
davidfmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #29
ProDigit
Karmaniac

End of April is nearing, courtesy says they should release any time soon, but so far they haven't even released the school upgrade.
I think we can forget about an april update, it'll rather be a may update.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
End of April is nearing, courtesy says they should release any time soon, but so far they haven't even released the school upgrade.
I think we can forget about an april update, it'll rather be a may update.
I think we should get update next week. See the picture below. It has more languages than March version (My version has no Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages...)

Last edited by Kris777; 04-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote