Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Two novels at the same time

Frequently I will read two very different novels at the same time. One novel on Monday, Wednesday and Friday while the other one on Tuesday and Thursday. Do any of you do that? At the moment I am most of the way through 1633 and Shadows of Saggami by David Weber.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
I could never focus well enough to do that. I have a hard enough time sometimes when I pick up my book after not reading for a day I need to go back a few pages to "catch up".
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Yeah. I've usually have a 2-3 going at the same time. Currently have 4, of which one is on hold.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I used to. But I rarely do it anymore. Occasionally I'll have a non-fiction book on the go at the same time as a novel, but even so... one or the other will eventually win my attention, and the other will be put on hold.

I usually read a few short-stories every day (in addition to what ever "book" I'm reading), but that doesn't really count.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I listen to one audiobook and switch* back and forth between two or three ebooks at a time, depending on my mood. This only works if all of the above are very different from each other, ie. currently I'm listening to The Hunger Games while reading The Marriage Plot, The Pickwick Papers, and I just finished Gallows View.

Sci fi + literary + classic + mystery = choice.

*I read quickly so there isn't that much switching, I'll usually finish a book in two or three reading sessions.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I have 4 going right now. Normally I alternate chapters (a chapter of one, a chapter of the next one, etc.), and I have the few books I'm reading saved on a shelf on my Nook called "I'm Reading" so it's real easy to go from one book to the next.

For a while I was doing one modern book, one classic book (>50 years old), and then a library book if I had one checked out. But then the Game of Thrones series messed that up because I was reading it for months and months and there were a bunch of other novels I wanted to read as well. So now I'm reading one Game of Thrones novel (currently "A Dance with Dragons"), one Sherlock Holmes novel (making my way through a bunch of non-canonical ones), and then whatever else I wanna read. At the moment that's "The Hunger Games."
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Nope, one at a time here. At most I may occasionally read a non-fiction book alongside a novel.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm generally serially monogamous with books myself, but I felt I had to start multitasking when I signed up for fiftyfifty.me this year. This means that technically I'm reading five books at the moment, but I'm not very good at it and still put most of my effort into just one. One is barely started - I don't think I've even finished the prologue - and one has been stalled about half-way through for weeks.

I have to make sure the genres are varied, too.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
I may read two or three books at a time, though not in a fixed pattern. Sometimes I read a few chapters in one book and a couple of chapters in a second book in one reading session. How I cope with "catching up" is fairly easy when reading books with different languages. E.g one English and one Norwegian book.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
I often read a novel and a non-fiction work in overlap, and frequently listen to an audio book while commuting as well.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I used to always have two books I was reading - one hardback I could read at home during the day and one paperback to read in bed or take with me on the go.

Now that I have my wonderful ereader I stick to one book at a time and thoroughly enjoy doing so.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I usually have 2 or 3 on the go, I like to alternate between books at different times of the day

although when I am getting close to finishing one, I concentrate on this
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I usually have two stories in progress at one time.

I listen to audiobooks/podcasts, usually podcast short stories (EscapePod, PodCastle, StarShipSofa, Lightspeed Magazine, NPR's Selected Shorts, ...), when doing chores and when cooking (I'm the family cook). At other times I read, mostly ebooks but the occasional printed book.

I very rarely have two non-audio books in progress at the same time unless they are compilations or collections. I often read one short story in a collection and then switch to another book, returning later to read the next short story. I currently have 3 such compilations "open" on my Kindle in addition to the book I'm actually in the middle of along with the audio story that was left in progress when I finished the dishes last night.

I'm off to each lunch (wife is at work) now so I'll resume the ebook I was reading last night and will resume the audio when I go back to the repair work on the porch I began yesterday.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #14
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Red face Got be 2.....

I have to have 2 on the go - one for reading in bed,a paper/hardback, the other everywhen else on my reader.

I fall asleep reading it, see, so it often ends up on the (hard) floor - and a 3'/4' drop onto boards isn't the best thing for readers, generally......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
@carpetmojo
I would put a little pillow on the floor

I have at least two going as I read on my 350 on the bus, waiting rooms etc. I have other books in progress that I haven't finished but hope to.

Other than that I read a book, then read another one so mostly one at a time.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote