Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
bcrowell
bcrowell began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does calibre support epub switch/case?

Does calibre support the switch/case feature in epub? I tried to create an epub that uses the feature, but it doesn't seem to work right when I view it in calibre. There are two cases, and it should only display one of them, but both are displayed. I can't tell whether I messed up creating the epub, or calibre just doesn't support the feature. This seems to be an EPUB 2 feature: http://idpf.org/epub/20/spec/OPS_2.0...m#Section2.6.3
bcrowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrowell View Post
Does calibre support the switch/case feature in epub? I tried to create an epub that uses the feature, but it doesn't seem to work right when I view it in calibre. There are two cases, and it should only display one of them, but both are displayed. I can't tell whether I messed up creating the epub, or calibre just doesn't support the feature. This seems to be an EPUB 2 feature: http://idpf.org/epub/20/spec/OPS_2.0...m#Section2.6.3
Try viewing it in another ePub viewer. Adobe Digital Editions might be a good test to see if you have it right. Sigil may also give you some idea if you have it correct.

Good Reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre doesn't support any ops: namespaced features.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
bcrowell

Good suggestion, dwanthny, thanks. Sigil does show signs of understanding the switch/case construct, but it doesn't seem to handle it correctly. (It modifies the html by stripping the <case> and <default> tags while leaving the <switch> tags there.) Unfortunately I can't run Adobe DE, since they don't have a linux version, and I don't own an epub-capable device.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
bcrowell

Ah, I see -- thanks for the info, Kovid!
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
@bcrowell:
ADE runs absolutely fine under wine! If you are not sure how to best install and run it with wine, just use PlayOnLinux...
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote