Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
patc890
patc890 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Problem installing Command line tools

When I try and install the command line tools I get the following error.

Trackback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/osx_symlinks.py", line 78, in do_it
IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted system call

Anyone have an idea what this is?

Thanks.

Pat.
patc890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It means a system call was interrupted, usually this is a temporary error. Try doing it again.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
patc890

Hi, Thanks for getting back. I did try a second time with no luck but third time it worked.

Pat.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
patc890

One other question. When I start Calibre and attach either an iPad or Kindle neither shows up anywhere that I can see? I don't that across the top like in the video with library and the attached device. Or the "Send to Device" on the top menu?

Pat.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The GUI layout has probably changed since the video was made?

If a device is attached, then the type is shown at the bottom of the screen.

If you have a "Send to Device" button, then something must be attached as that button is now only displayed when a device has been detected.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
patc890

When attach a Kindle, iPad or iPhone I don't see anything at the bottom? Also I don't see "Save to Device"?
Old 12-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Sounds as if you should run the Device detection debug facility and post the output here to see if we can spot the problem.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
patc890

Thanks for the reply. I've got it working now. I found this post which explained it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=saving+iPad

Pat.