Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Problem with reports on 0.7.4

Version 0.7.4 on Windows 8.1.

Tried viewing Tools->Reports, the progress bar got to 87% and Windows pops up and tells me Sigil has stopped working and needs to shut down; gave me only one choice OK. Ran the book thru idpf validator, found four typo type errors, fixed those and got it to validate. Tried Reports again, and again it got to 87% and Windows shut it down, no OK button this time, it just shut it down and said it was looking for a solution to the problem. It seemed prepared to look forever, so I took the only choice Cancel.

Like Google is so fond of saying, That's all I know.
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
It works ok here with Win 8.1 (64 bit) which is probably not useful news in itself.

However, the following may provide a clue to others with more detailed knowledge of Sigil's innards.

I did a couple of tests with large books (7 to 10+ MB) and in every instance it ran quickly until indicated the same 87% completion as you mention, when it paused. But in my case, after pausing, it then ran to completion. So in your case it seems to be failing at what appears to be a point of intensified processing activity.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Works OK with W7HP 64bit
87% is probably about where the Report OUTPUT is being assembled
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
cover not marked.

Reports seem to work fine on win 7 pro.

However, everything is marked fine for "semantics" except the cover.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
JimmyG
Zealot
JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JimmyG solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Touch, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
It works ok here with Win 8.1 (64 bit) which is probably not useful news in itself.

However, the following may provide a clue to others with more detailed knowledge of Sigil's innards.

I did a couple of tests with large books (7 to 10+ MB) and in every instance it ran quickly until indicated the same 87% completion as you mention, when it paused. But in my case, after pausing, it then ran to completion. So in your case it seems to be failing at what appears to be a point of intensified processing activity.
Actually, at the time I thought Windows jumped in too quickly, but it gave me absolutely no options. The second time, as soon as it paused Windows shut it down. It''s been a loooong time since I did anything with QT, but I seem to remember back then there was something you were supposed to do to let the OS know the program wasn't hung up when performing some long task. But that's a very dim memory and not worth much.

Tried it two more times and it did exactly the same thing both times.
JimmyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert