Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
ACSH
ACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo wifi
Question Existing Kobo books all missing

With an original Kobo Wifi I have 213 books on the Kobo. Suddenly, there are NO books showing, neither by title, last read, nor author, nor all books, my books, nor pre-loaded. When I use my computer to look at the memory or my Kobo ereader, they are there. All these books are still visible on my computer, but not visible or accessible on my Kobo. I have linked my Kobo with my computer, and still nothing. What can I do ??
ACSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That sounds like the database on the device has become corrupted. It needs to be rebuilt somehow. Unfortunately, I don't know the way to do this for the WiFi.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Doesn't the Kobo Wifi have a setting to log out of the Kobo account?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSH View Post
With an original Kobo Wifi I have 213 books on the Kobo. Suddenly, there are NO books showing, neither by title, last read, nor author, nor all books, my books, nor pre-loaded. When I use my computer to look at the memory or my Kobo ereader, they are there. All these books are still visible on my computer, but not visible or accessible on my Kobo. I have linked my Kobo with my computer, and still nothing. What can I do ??
I'd agree that it sounds as if your database has been corrupted. I'd suggest backing up any books not purchased from the Kobo store to your computer (the Kobo bookstore .kepub.epub books should be copied back after the reset) and making a backup copy of the .adobe-digital-editions folder which can be copied back afterwards to save you having to reregister your device with ADE. After the backups are complete, do a factory reset (settings -> advanced -> reset device now).

After this you will have to go through the setup procedure, copy the files/folders back and -- hopefully -- be back to being a happy reader.

Good luck!

David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
ACSH
ACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of lightACSH is a glorious beacon of light

Still a problem

Have done a basic reset, and nothing changed. Then working on-line with Kobo service rep, did a factory reset, clearing everything. However, the computer Kobo desktop would not recognize the ereader, although the computer did show it as an external hard drive.
ACSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #6
lunchreader
lunchreader began at the beginning.

did you ever solve this issue?
i am having the same problem today.
lunchreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:13 AM   #7
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
If the kobo Desktop fails, what about trying with Calibre ? Is the device recognized with Calibre?

If it is, add your epubs into calibre and send them to the device, eject, and wait for them showing up.

Waiting for your feedback.

Last edited by cramoisi; 06-23-2015 at 04:18 AM.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@lunchreader: That sounds like a common problem with the WiFi and the latest firmware update. You will need to write a new image to the internal SD card. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230628.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:53 PM   #9
lunchreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
If the kobo Desktop fails, what about trying with Calibre ? Is the device recognized with Calibre?

If it is, add your epubs into calibre and send them to the device, eject, and wait for them showing up.

Waiting for your feedback.

I tried Calibra, sees the reader, but the books will not transfer onto the reader.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #10
lunchreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@lunchreader: That sounds like a common problem with the WiFi and the latest firmware update. You will need to write a new image to the internal SD card. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230628.

Thanks davidfor, do you know where I can download the image for the internal SD card?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

lunchreader: I pointed you to that thread not just because it was the same problem, but you can also make a request for a link to the appropriate image for your device.