Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #46
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Oh Jeannie, I am sorry to hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I quit feeling unbreakable several years ago when I "broke" one time too many to ignore it any longer (the warranty on my body ran out 21 years ago when I turned 40).

It's official. Since physical therapy, stretches and time are no longer improving my left shoulder, on the 18th, I'm having surgery to cut loose the remaining adhesions in my left shoulder. I'll have to have physical therapy daily for a few days, then taper that off although I will have to do stretches every hour for a month to ensure the adhesions do not "re-adhere" (is that a word? ). I've been warned recovery will be very painful but if it ends the pain and limited mobility in my left shoulder, it will be worth it, assuming I don't bite someone's head off and die of indigestion.

Then there is the right shoulder...
Dear Lady:

OUCH!! I get so wrapped up in my procedure I did not think of many more important! Thank you for snapping me back to reality.

I know NOTHING about shoulder adhesions but will try to go online and get some idea of what you are facing! 61 is still young regarding surgery. OK, we are not twenty somethings anymore... but we also are not 90!!

All I know is I am really sorry to hear the news and am hoping and pulling that all goes well. Regarding the pain... prepare. That was the one GREAT thing I did. In advance I bought all the ointments, dressings, anti-itch, gauze, rubbing alcohol. I stocked up my freezer and refrigerator with food. I filled my gas tank. I set up fans in case it got hot and I changed the bedding. I bought extra pillows so I could elevate the knee and I bought two refillable ice bags. I may not do too many things right sometimes... but I was ready to at least have all I needed so I lacked for nothing.

Can you PLEASE keep us up to date as the date approaches and share with us what you know of the procedure!! You have an interested friend!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #47
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Both of you have had major surgery and it takes TIME to fully recover from it. When MD's tell you NOT to do something or to DO something they should be obeyed. Robert, what you are going through is perfectly normal, you just have to be patient because one day you will realize that you are getting around better then you have in YEARS and realize that you are back to normal!

I had major surgery at age 39, I took 2 months out of work, and then went back & for a week I did part time for a week. For the majority of the 2 months I couldn't do more than 2 hrs worth of activity before my body said ENOUGH! I didn't think I'd ever get back to full strength. Then 3 months post-op I was walking home & realized I wasn't exhausted & was just bouncing up a slight incline that used to wear me out. That's when I realized I WAS BACK!!! It was one of the happiest days of my life & the surgery was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life!

God bless the Internet, because I was able to research everything about my surgery & recovery time & I tracked right along with it exactly.

So just listen to your body Lady F & Robert and obey it when it is giving you indications to stop. To push it will only prolong or increase the risk of recovery or damage.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #48
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Very, very wise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Both of you have had major surgery and it takes TIME to fully recover from it. When MD's tell you NOT to do something or to DO something they should be obeyed. Robert, what you are going through is perfectly normal, you just have to be patient because one day you will realize that you are getting around better then you have in YEARS and realize that you are back to normal!

I had major surgery at age 39, I took 2 months out of work, and then went back & for a week I did part time for a week. For the majority of the 2 months I couldn't do more than 2 hrs worth of activity before my body said ENOUGH! I didn't think I'd ever get back to full strength. Then 3 months post-op I was walking home & realized I wasn't exhausted & was just bouncing up a slight incline that used to wear me out. That's when I realized I WAS BACK!!! It was one of the happiest days of my life & the surgery was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life!

God bless the Internet, because I was able to research everything about my surgery & recovery time & I tracked right along with it exactly.

So just listen to your body Lady F & Robert and obey it when it is giving you indications to stop. To push it will only prolong or increase the risk of recovery or damage.
Dear Cathy:

I know you are right. It will be like that. I can already tell. Right now my body is mending, recuperating, and holding back a little for fear of pain. One day, maybe in 2 weeks and maybe in 2 months, my body will know it is back and just keep going.

I completely agree!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #49
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
...So just listen to your body Lady F & Robert and obey it when it is giving you indications to stop. To push it will only prolong or increase the risk of recovery or damage.
Actually, pushing my body beyond where it hurts is what will enable my shoulder to heal properly. Once the adhesions have been cut, I have to move my shoulder around so the internal incisions made cannot grow together again. I'll get physical therapy at the hospital once I'm out of the recovery room, then have to go in for physical therapy daily for a few days. Then it will taper off. I will also have to do stretches every hour for about a month. At least it should be fully healed in a month or so. I'm retired so I don't have to take any time off work. Otherwise, the surgeon recommends taking a week off.

Thanks for your concern.

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 08-06-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #50
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Not to drag you back to business, but is there any updates on the next FW for the PP, Rob?

Did you have any ice cream after surgery?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #51
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
oops, i am a little late to the party, but just wanted to welcome you back Robert!!!
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #52
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
No Problem. He got so many hugs and kisses when he came back, I think he went away again just so he could come back and get some more, so you can be the first. lol
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #53
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
No Problem. He got so many hugs and kisses when he came back, I think he went away again just so he could come back and get some more, so you can be the first. lol
They just announced that Robert is retired from Astak.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #54
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Yes, Robert has retired. We made the official announcement here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94162
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #55
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
would feel a little better if Robert himself announces this retirement first - many of us here have developed good relations with him. Anyway, best wishes to both Robert and Astak.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #56
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
would feel a little better if Robert himself announces this retirement first - many of us here have developed good relations with him. Anyway, best wishes to both Robert and Astak.
Bob's number one priority right now is a swift recovery. Since his Mobile Read account is personal, he is free to discuss his retirement whenever he is able. Astak wants everyone in the forum to know that we are still here to answer questions, provide support, and make announcements.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #57
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
he was doing much better just a few days ago. this feels more like a firing with a cover-up than a retirement - although i hope i'm wrong.

jenifer.ezread - you'll find that a lot of people come to the astak board and buy ezreaders and mentors because robert was not only a sales rep - he was personal and involved with all of us. he - and the excellent service he gave - were the reason i bought my husband his pocket pro.

while showing up and answering questions on the board is better than nothing, and hopefully you will learn as you go, being businesslike and impersonal isn't going to get the same enthusiasm we had for robert. when something went wrong with an ezreader, robert was right there. when support wasn't responding, he took care of it. he went way beyond a sales/marketing rep, and many of us considered him a friend. we're really going to miss him :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
Bob's number one priority right now is a swift recovery. Since his Mobile Read account is personal, he is free to discuss his retirement whenever he is able. Astak wants everyone in the forum to know that we are still here to answer questions, provide support, and make announcements.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #58
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
jenifer.ezread - you'll find that a lot of people come to the astak board and buy ezreaders and mentors because robert was not only a sales rep - he was personal and involved with all of us. he - and the excellent service he gave - were the reason i bought my husband his pocket pro.
Same here with me. I bought 2 pocket pro's(one for me and one for my cousin) based on Robert excellent involvement with this forum and his help. Hope he is all right and that we will hear from him soon. I for one am a little suspicious about the terms of his "retirement"
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #59
John1997
Enthusiast
John1997 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Jetbook Lite
This is an unpleasant possibility, but Robert may have suffered some catastrophic health crisis that prevents him from participating in the forum. He had suffered a lot of problems. In today's world, employers are cautious about discussing the personal issues of their employees. Robert could share what he wanted, but there would be legal and regulatory issues if a company employee (like Jennifer) were to say something. I'm sure no one wants to consider this possibility, but could explain a lot. If so, let's hope he recovers well.
John1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
If everybody who buys the new Kindle HAS to have it with Mobipocket... and Kindle becomes the ONLY source for Mobi eBooks... where does that leave Astak?
Mmm, that might happen in the US. But here in france, well... Look like amazon will show up after the battle is done. And they will have a hard time to convince the sony or cybook user (that are the vast magority here), to dump thier book to get a kindle. epub is the standard there.
So just make sure your readers supports epub.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 08-18-2010 at 10:54 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote