Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #76
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Dictionaries are a really nice subject to talk about! ........

There's about a dozen dictionaries available right now (say, shouldn't we host those somewhere?)

...I tried to display a text using cyrillic. That looks positively alien, I tell you!!
positively alien - LOL!))

Here are couple of En-En dics:
http://rapidshare.com/files/30475311...gman_DOCE5.dic
http://rapidshare.com/files/30475812...llegiate11.dic
http://rapidshare.com/files/304757276/en-en_coed.dic
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #77
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
New reading light

As I do not have a clip on reading light for MM yet, I came up with a great idea yesterday. I downloaded a torchlight app for my iPod and used that as reading light. Of course, you can listen to music while rading at the same time. I put the iPod on my breast while lying on my back! Works really nicely and gives more than enough light. You might even like to dim the light slightly! Looking for a way to hook the iPod on MM now. I'll be grateful for any ideas concerning this!

I will post something about individual configuration of FBReader later on today!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #78
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Two small things for good measure:

1. There will definitely be a FBReader 2 for the 360, the PocketBook boys told me. Out by March and featuring all the bells and whistles of the desktop FBReader without slowing down MM. There should be pagebreaks before chapters and some CSS support!

2. Kacir and I talked about setting up a PocketBook thread about hints and tricks. We will definitely try to get that rolling. Here's one kacir told me about: Via the keymapping function, you can assign a key for hiding the small status bar! Well if you find a free key to assign the function to!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #79
mtravellerh
book creator

New firmware installed (14.2) Almost too easy! It even maintained my bookmarks and favorites. , boys.

Now for those bugs!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #80
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Only one dictionary at a time is used, but you may freely switch beween dictionaries on the fly, like use three or four dictionaries on one word!
thank you very much for this info ! so you set the active dictionary once, and this is the default until you change ?

Quote:
As I do not have a clip on reading light for MM yet, I came up with a great idea yesterday. I downloaded a torchlight app for my iPod and used that as reading light. Of course, you can listen to music while rading at the same time. I put the iPod on my breast while lying on my back! Works really nicely and gives more than enough light. You might even like to dim the light slightly! Looking for a way to hook the iPod on MM now. I'll be grateful for any ideas concerning this!
amazing ! but how do you download the lightbulb ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #81
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

amazing ! but how do you download the lightbulb ?
Here you go:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...add1/bulb2.gif
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #82
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
thanks dale !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:50 AM   #83
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
mtravellerh, could you please post the link to SciFiFan's FBReader again?
I can't find it!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #84
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
mtravellerh, could you please post the link to SciFiFan's FBReader again?
I can't find it!
PocketBook took SFFs app, hacked it a bit themselves and integrated it into the new FW!! So no need to use SFF app anymore!
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #85
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Two small things for good measure:

1. There will definitely be a FBReader 2 for the 360, the PocketBook boys told me. Out by March and featuring all the bells and whistles of the desktop FBReader without slowing down MM. There should be pagebreaks before chapters and some CSS support!

2. Kacir and I talked about setting up a PocketBook thread about hints and tricks. We will definitely try to get that rolling. Here's one kacir told me about: Via the keymapping function, you can assign a key for hiding the small status bar! Well if you find a free key to assign the function to!
This sounds way cool! I might even stop asking about CoolReader - although it's always good to have options...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #86
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
This sounds way cool! I might even stop asking about CoolReader - although it's always good to have options...
Oh, don't, might be good to have it around.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #87
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
PocketBook took SFFs app, hacked it a bit themselves and integrated it into the new FW!! So no need to use SFF app anymore!

I am so upgrading right now!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #88
mtravellerh
book creator

Hey Hey

Here I am again

I Played a bit through te new firmware (14.2). First results:
  • FBReader has a few new decoding options (cyrillic, East Asian and so on)

• When jumping wuith the outline TOC to a chapter, the beginning of the chapter is always on a new page, a pageturn does not turn to a new page entirely but takes a part of page 1 and adds some new text. This strange behavious stems from the fact that the old paginating is set back. This is quite frustrating as far as the reading flow goes!
  • Someone (jojoxyz I think) mentioned that it might be a good idea if it were possible to make a 180 nin Patience and Battleship! That would be way more ergonomical.
  • I'm using the Longman dict now. Man, that's the wordiest dictionary ever, i tell you (3 pages of text to explain "way", for example) The dictionary swaps from all the way up to all the way down in ADE now, couldn't do that before.
  • Adobe Reader seems to be a little bit more obedient now, especially as the cropping of margins is concerned. Way to go, guys!
  • Sorry to say that, but the ADE viewer still only jumps back to the virtual page you were last reading and you still have to turn a few pages before you land where you stopped reading before! The PB boys are working hard on this, it seems!
  • FBReader incorporates now a few ameliorations that SFF (one of our german users) incorporated in FBReader. Now all the graphics and links are working faultlessly!
  • MM did an involuntary stunt again, thanks to Mister Stupid here! I had it linked to my netbook and took a glass from the table, thereby tumbling MM to the tiles one meter deeper! MM is none the worse for it! Again: please don't do this @ home!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #89
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Hey Hey

Here I am again

I Played a bit through te new firmware (14.2). First results:
  • FBReader has a few new decoding options (cyrillic, East Asian and so on)

• When jumping wuith the outline TOC to a chapter, the beginning of the chapter is always on a new page, a pageturn does not turn to a new page entirely but takes a part of page 1 and adds some new text. This strange behavious stems from the fact that the old paginating is set back. This is quite frustrating as far as the reading flow goes!
Such a pity about that. Does it only happen when you jump to a chapter via the TOC, or if you jump using the TOC does it continue with the strange pagination? If you read the book normally (from page 1) does it paginate correctly? And I don't know if FBReader handles links, but if you jump via a link and then back, does it also screw up?
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #90
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Such a pity about that. Does it only happen when you jump to a chapter via the TOC, or if you jump using the TOC does it continue with the strange pagination? If you read the book normally (from page 1) does it paginate correctly? And I don't know if FBReader handles links, but if you jump via a link and then back, does it also screw up?
Only when jumping. It does paginate correctly otherwise! Links also aren't influenced adversely!