Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #22831
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Took a long walk tonight - brisk! [translation: freaking cold] - but I'm determined to get active again [battling a persistent bug/cold/flu like so many here] - so I celebrated with a Guinness!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #22832
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Thanks dreams. I am feeling better but I can honestly say I felt fine after treating the first bout of pneumonia. I am going to be at the Doctors if the cough comes back as soon as it comes back.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #22833
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Water in my glass.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #22834
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Noodle soup in my cup.
*Shhh.... it's chicken.*
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #22835
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
(Whisper) we won't tell (/whisper)

Water
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #22836
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #22837
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I might.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #22838
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Moving on to coffee, apples, and biscotti.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #22839
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Well early in the morning, about the break of day,
I ask the Lord, "Help me find the way!"
Help me find the way to the promised land
This lonely body needs a helping hand
I ask the Lord to help me please find the way.

When the new day's a dawning, I bow my head in prayer.
I pray to the Lord, "Won't you lead me there?"
Won't you guide me safely to the Golden Stair?
Won't you let this body your burden share?
I pray to the Lord, "Won't you lead me please, lead me there?"

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE8NSvD7LSE )

Good morning, all! Another Sunday! This seems to happen with great regularity... And fortunately, so does good tea! East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea today, beside a bowl of miso soup, rice, and tsukemono. I'm going to wake it up with one or two fresh mikan today! It's the height of mikan season in Japan, and we bought a crate of them yesterday. Being lazy, I love the ease of removing a mikan peel. It almost falls off! One of the skills a Geisha learns is how to peel a mikan so the result looks like delicate flower petals. Mine look like raggedy orange peels... Good thing I'm not training to be a Geisha.

Good morning for a long walk. Fresh air, 'almost' sunny, cold and windy as can be. 2° so got to add a scarf today. Then take my pony out of the barn and give it some exercise too. Maybe a can of 'Dry Gas' would be a good idea as well.

Stitchawl
Would the mikan be like a clementine?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #22840
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Would the mikan be like a clementine?
They are cousins. Both are varieties of 'Mandarin Oranges.' From Wikipedia; The clementine is not always easy to distinguish from other varieties of mandarin oranges. As such, it should not be confused with similar fruit such as the satsuma (another name for Mikan) or honey sweet orange, or other popular varieties.

Unless I was eating one of each at the same time, I probably couldn't tell the difference by taste alone which was which. But definitely a different taste from larger oranges.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #22841
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Camomile tea
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #22842
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They are cousins. Both are varieties of 'Mandarin Oranges.' From Wikipedia; The clementine is not always easy to distinguish from other varieties of mandarin oranges. As such, it should not be confused with similar fruit such as the satsuma (another name for Mikan) or honey sweet orange, or other popular varieties.

Unless I was eating one of each at the same time, I probably couldn't tell the difference by taste alone which was which. But definitely a different taste from larger oranges.

Stitchawl
And just to confuse things even more - we have a big bag of "cuties" that we are eating through now.

Quote:
What is a Cutie™?

CUTIES® are actually two varieties of mandarin oranges: Clementine mandarins, available November through January; and W. Murcott mandarins, available February through April. CUTIES® have several distinct characteristics that make them the perfect anytime, anywhere snack. Unlike other mandarins or oranges, they are seedless, super sweet, easy to peel and kid-sized -- only a select few make it to CUTIES®’ high standards.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #22843
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
And just to confuse things even more - we have a big bag of "cuties" that we are eating through now.
Those sound just like Mikan! I love 'em. I won't bother to peel regular oranges any more. I just slice them up into wedges with the peel on, and eat them from the middle out. But the peel slips right off of mikan, making it much less messy. I had two more for dessert tonight! At 30-40 calories, they make a good snack too!

But right now... it's Keemun tea that is making me smile. Big time!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #22844
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Those sound just like Mikan! I love 'em. I won't bother to peel regular oranges any more. I just slice them up into wedges with the peel on, and eat them from the middle out. But the peel slips right off of mikan, making it much less messy. I had two more for dessert tonight! At 30-40 calories, they make a good snack too!

But right now... it's Keemun tea that is making me smile. Big time!

Stitchawl
Yea the peel almost falls off these. My 9yr son can even do it with out a mess.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #22845
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
On it's side and empty! However, the floor is drinking vanilla rooibos and I'm going to bed without a cuppa.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?