Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #271
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Gave it a whirl, its very nice and i sure hope the SDK is coming soon, the fast page turning in this version leaves much to be desired (very noticeable ghosting compared to built-in fbreader).

A feature suggestion/request would be to be able to choose the axis of the wrist page turn (i.e. not only right<->left but also top<->bottom).
Also it might be nice to be able to set a minimum delay between wrist page turns to avoid accidental turns.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #272
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Gave it a whirl, its very nice and i sure hope the SDK is coming soon, the fast page turning in this version leaves much to be desired (very noticeable ghosting compared to built-in fbreader).

A feature suggestion/request would be to be able to choose the axis of the wrist page turn (i.e. not only right<->left but also top<->bottom).
Also it might be nice to be able to set a minimum delay between wrist page turns to avoid accidental turns.
-Where did you find "fast page turning" in the 180reader? Did I miss something?

-G-Sensor (precisely accelerometer) works only left-right, would require a second one to have another axis. BTW it would turn a page everytime you lay it down or pick it up, not so desirable.

-Time lag +1
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 12:48 AM   #273
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
-Where did you find "fast page turning" in the 180reader? Did I miss something?
In the rotate options you have 'FAST' and 'slow' i.e. with or without inversion every page turn.
Now what you are referring to might just be the issue, whatever the GiK did to reduce/eliminate the ghosting in page turns without inversion is missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
-G-Sensor (precisely accelerometer) works only left-right, would require a second one to have another axis. BTW it would turn a page everytime you lay it down or pick it up, not so desirable.

-Time lag +1
I'm not at all familiar with the hardware specs, from a user stand point i see that i can tilt the unit to rotate the screen on both axis or for another example move the lil' sokoban man on both axis.

As for turning a page everytime you lay it down or pick it up, I'm not talking about having page turns on every axis at the same time just being able to choose an axis (which makes it no more an issue then the current setup).
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #274
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I feel a little dumb at the moment. I got my PocketBook 360 today and have loaded FBReader180 to it. (I used the graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3 file - I think that's the most recent?)

I'm using the FBReader180 now to read an epub, and I really like all the extra options, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the page turns to work. I've set the angle from everywhere from the default 30 degrees to the maximum 70 degrees, but no matter how I twist the device, the pages don't turn. The orientation is happy to switch around, but the page turning just isn't happening at all!

Is there a trick to it that I'm missing?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #275
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Have you tried flipping it more than turning it? In other words, hold it in your hand, and kind of let it fall (still in your hand of course--don't drop it!) forward or backwards by turning your wrist? It does take some getting used to, and you may have to let it sit in the new position for a second or two.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #276
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Is it an up/down flip or a left/right flip? But seriously, I've flipped it a thousand different ways and the page has never turned in either direction.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #277
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Is it an up/down flip or a left/right flip? But seriously, I've flipped it a thousand different ways and the page has never turned in either direction.
There are a few things to check:-
  • Have you tried re-calibrating your g-sensor on the Settings - Maintenance menu.
  • You also need to make sure Screen orientation is set to Auto in the Settings - Appearance menu. Or if you're inside a book, press the centre button to get to the mini-menu, select Rotate (mid-right) and make sure it's set to the centre box.
  • I haven't used FBReader much lately but I seem to remember that the page-flipping only works for some of the settings in the FB_config - Rotate menu. I've just tried 180+Fast next page which seems to work.

Even with all the above it's a bit temperamental. The g-sensor seems to go to sleep sometimes and needs waking up by doing a few page turns with the button.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #278
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
What jackie_w advises, seems to reset my 302 ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #279
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
What jackie_w advises, seems to reset my 302 ....
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 PM   #280
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Good - of course .... ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #281
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Good - of course .... ....
That's a relief!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #282
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
dont' know whether you solved the problem: but in my case for some reason (and I know that I had not touched the settings) the settings for the device had gone to "portrait" orientation of their own accord, making the wrist turn unresponsive. As for the movement - in my case I rotate it Iwith a sharp movement) either clockwise or counterclockwise by about 90 degrees while keeping it almost vertical and it works; my husband instead flips gently the top right corner of the device along the diagonal (i.e. either towards of away from his left shoulder, if this makes any sense), and it works too (though if I try his way, it does not work for me).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #283
bobgoe
pocket book rules
bobgoe began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301+
Hi

Currenltly usign PB 301+ would like to know if "graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3.zip " Works as fb reader in my PB301

And after copying the "fbreader.app" If i need to revert back to
the old version that pb shipped with is there any way to do that

Thanks
bob
bobgoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #284
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgoe View Post
Currenltly usign PB 301+ would like to know if "graynm76-fbreader180-app-0.11.3.zip " Works as fb reader in my PB301
Yes.
Look at this post, by the developer himself ;-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=260

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgoe View Post
Hi
And after copying the "fbreader.app" If i need to revert back to the old version that pb shipped with is there any way to do that
You copy fbreader.app to X:\system\bin and your device will use that, instead of the built-in FBReader. You can't see the built-in FBReader when you connect the device to PC.
If there is any problem, you simply connect reader to PC and remove fbreader.app from X:\system\bin

You can use both versions - the built-in and the improved, if you get file extensions.cfg for PB301 (should be identical to extensions.cfg for PB360) and edit it.
This is one of threads to look in
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149

If you want to mess with files that are un-acessible to the user, install poterm application.
Go through all sticky threads here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206
most of things that work on PB360 will work in PB301.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #285
bobgoe
pocket book rules
bobgoe began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Yes.
Look at this post, by the developer himself ;-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=260

You copy fbreader.app to X:\system\bin and your device will use that, instead of the built-in FBReader. You can't see the built-in FBReader when you connect the device to PC.
If there is any problem, you simply connect reader to PC and remove fbreader.app from X:\system\bin

You can use both versions - the built-in and the improved, if you get file extensions.cfg for PB301 (should be identical to extensions.cfg for PB360) and edit it.
This is one of threads to look in
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67149

If you want to mess with files that are un-acessible to the user, install poterm application.
Go through all sticky threads here
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=206
most of things that work on PB360 will work in PB301.
Hi

Thanks for the help it worked fine and i have installed the fbreader. There is an option to turn of the "invert screen blank" .I was really annoyed by the screen going blank but this setting helpd me a lot.

A noobe question is it I have seen most of the ereader goes invert screen blank before going to next page , why the manufactures have kept it there when they could turn it off . If I turn it off will it give load on my battery

Thanks
Bob
bobgoe is offline   Reply With Quote