Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
TimK
TimK doesn't litterTimK doesn't litterTimK doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Smile "Device locked"? -- Resolved

Hi everyone,

I've successfully used the Sony software and ADE to transfer books to my PRS-700 several times.

Now, all of a sudden, when I connected the reader to my Windows system, it just said "Device locked" at the bottom, with a warning triangle in the middle of the screen. Neither the Sony software nor ADE seemed to recognize it.

It turned out that I had set the Device Lock setting to use a code to unlock the device when it's turned on. That seems to have prevented ADE and the Sony software from accessing the PRS-700. (I think that's more than a bit stupid, but anyway.)

Just posting in case anyone else encounters the same problem.

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by TimK; 08-07-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Fixed a tense. :P
TimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Where did you find the default unlock code? Just curious.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
TimK
TimK doesn't litterTimK doesn't litterTimK doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Where did you find the default unlock code? Just curious.
Hi! There isn't a default code. When you buy the PRS-700 (I don't know whether the 505 has this function or not), it's set to Device Lock = Off. When you go in to Settings and then Advanced Settings, then Device Lock, and turn it on, you specify the code yourself at that point. It's a four-digit code like a PIN.

Also, to be totally clear: In order for ADE and Sony eBook Library to recognize my reader, I had to turn Device Lock Off. Even unlocking it with the code before connecting it didn't help (which is part of the reason I think this is a rather stupid limitation).

Best,
Tim

Last edited by TimK; 08-07-2009 at 12:40 AM.
TimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
lana03
lana03 began at the beginning.

Device: sony touch reader
Hi TimK,
hope you could help. I turned the Device Lock on and specified the 4-digit cod and did not remmember it (how stupid). So now I have the Devicr locked message and don't know how to unlock it. Any suggestions?
lana03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
malfromcessnock
malfromcessnock began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Bloody number is 0000

Cheers, Mal from Cessnock AU
malfromcessnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
leema
Banned
leema began at the beginning.

Device: none
You can try to unlock it through the site.

spam removed

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 07-31-2010 at 08:50 AM.
leema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:18 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company here, Leema. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
Carlota
Carlota began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimK View Post
Even unlocking it with the code before connecting it didn't help (which is part of the reason I think this is a rather stupid limitation).

Best,
Tim

It´s very easy to solve that. Today I had the same problem. You just have to chose the option "restore the default settings" (or something like that) and you have to confirm with your current pin. Then the "lock device" option will be turned off. Yeah, but it´s some kind of stupid.

Last edited by Carlota; 10-21-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Carlota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, lana03
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
device lock, device locked, prs-700