Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Boot Screen setup

having a whale of a time with my confused e-reader today.
It seems to think that an update has taken place and is asking me to set the language.I set it to english and a "Welcome to Kobo!" appears.
I only have the options to SKIP SETUP OR BACK arrow to language again.
I'm have been at version 1.9.1.6 for weeks.If i select the option to SKIP SETUP ,another page opens "just a moment please... your ereader won't be able to load your books or connect to the store until you complete setup.Setup is important,so we'll remind you again later,with the options BACK OR SKIP.
It has prompted me in this fashion before but there is no option i can find to complete the SETUP.
I SYNC regularly and reboot often.
These prompts lead me no where.What does this mean?
I do not have an expansion card inserted at this time.
On another note..i have a micro expansion memory card by Lexar.It is a 4 gig sdhc class 4 and causes graphic distortions and artifacts on the screen on the home page.Books refuse to open or revert back from a book cover to the HOME page.

Thanks for wonderful Kobo support site
KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
It seems like it is acting like it just came out of the box, I think you'll need to plug it into your computer and set it up again
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
compukortschnoi
compukortschnoi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
We discuss the same thing here.
compukortschnoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
KTREADER
Updating
KTREADER began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTREADER View Post
having a whale of a time with my confused e-reader today.
It seems to think that an update has taken place and is asking me to set the language.I set it to english and a "Welcome to Kobo!" appears.
I only have the options to SKIP SETUP OR BACK arrow to language again.
I'm have been at version 1.9.1.6 for weeks.If i select the option to SKIP SETUP ,another page opens "just a moment please... your ereader won't be able to load your books or connect to the store until you complete setup.Setup is important,so we'll remind you again later,with the options BACK OR SKIP.
It has prompted me in this fashion before but there is no option i can find to complete the SETUP.
I SYNC regularly and reboot often.
These prompts lead me no where.What does this mean?
I do not have an expansion card inserted at this time.
On another note..i have a micro expansion memory card by Lexar.It is a 4 gig sdhc class 4 and causes graphic distortions and artifacts on the screen on the home page.Books refuse to open or revert back from a book cover to the HOME page.

Thanks for wonderful Kobo support site
------------------------------
Updating kobo use and enjoyment-
I took someone's advice about using the HOME KEY to return from anywhere back to home page and it seems to eliminate the "setup" problem.
So whenever i'm reading i never goto sleep mode or shut down from within a book,i always hit HOME first then goto sleep mode.
It eliminates going thru the setup menu for nothing.

I'm getting better at paging forward but the touch screen can be finicky sometimes.Side buttons will be on my next e-reader.

I must say I'm really enjoying my kobo and it sure saves alot of paper around the globe.Besides handling heavy books gets to be a pain as you age.
KTREADER is offline   Reply With Quote