Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #46
b0rsuk
meles meles
b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
If you are into lighthearted books, you should like children books written by Roald Dahl. The ones I particularly liked:

Witches
The Magic Finger
(note the absense of books about Charlie)

Although they're children books, they don't make you sick from sweetness in the way typical Christmass media products will. Roald Dahl's book are cheerful, and at the same time mention unpleasant topics like poverty, misfortune, or mean adults. The last one is especially interesting. Today, the term would probably conjure an image of a sexual child abuser. Roald Dahl doesn't go there. In his books, adults are not always right. They can be close-minded, lazy, harsh, greedy etc. The message is - no one is always right just because he's an adult. You can question adults.
All this told in a cheerful tone, and with a remarkable clarity of thought often found only in children's books.
b0rsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:32 AM   #47
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
the conrad stargard series by leo Frankowski .. I bet I have read it 10 times in the last 20 years..The Cross Time Engineer
The High Tech Knight
The Radiant Warrior
The Flying Warlord

Alan dean Foster ...The spellsinger

the prince of Ill luck ..susan dexter

Christopher Stasheff A Wizard in Rhyme

Her Majesty's Wizard (1986)
The Oathbound Wizard (1993)
The Witch Doctor (1994)
The Secular Wizard (1995)
My Son, the Wizard (1997)
The Haunted Wizard (1999)
The Crusading Wizard (2000)
The Feline Wizard (2000)
if you can get past his catholic preaching ..his worlock in spite of himself series is pretty good
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert