Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
weasal
weasal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is there any way to control publication date?

I have a recipe that pulls a newspaper from another timezone and converts it to a mobi format book. I want to be able to control the publication date/time of the resulting book so it can be in the future.

For exmaple:

My local time is 6 pm, Sept 27, the newspaper's local time is 1 am next day, Sept 28 so the newspaper is from tomorrow (as far as I'm concerned).
At the moment, when I run the recipe, the publication date of the resulting book is Sept 27 and I want it to be Sept 28.

I noticed that the basic recipe uses nowf to obtain the dates for the publication date and timestamp used for the resulting book but I can't see a way to change the behavior.

Thanks!
weasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, weasal.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by weasal View Post
I have a recipe that pulls a newspaper from another timezone and converts it to a mobi format book. I want to be able to control the publication date/time of the resulting book so it can be in the future.

For exmaple:

My local time is 6 pm, Sept 27, the newspaper's local time is 1 am next day, Sept 28 so the newspaper is from tomorrow (as far as I'm concerned).
At the moment, when I run the recipe, the publication date of the resulting book is Sept 27 and I want it to be Sept 28.

I noticed that the basic recipe uses nowf to obtain the dates for the publication date and timestamp used for the resulting book but I can't see a way to change the behavior.

Thanks!
read this:
http://docs.python.org/library/time.html#time.strptime

example (I have not tested):
Code:
import time
log = '16/Jan/2010:18:11:06 +0100'
dt = time.strptime(log, '%d/%b/%Y:%H:%M:%S +0100')
you might also be able to try this in the recipe under the title section
timefmt = ' [%a,%d %B %Y %I:%M %p +0100]'
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
weasal
weasal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks, but my problem is not how to format the date, I already do that and the articles do show the correct date. The problem is how to set the publish date on the mobi book itself. That would be the date that shows if you go to edit the meta data for a book in calibre.
weasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Looks like Kovid made it do local time... read this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57826 he might be able to tell you if there is a command to turn it off but i think it is internal.
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert