Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
kge
Nameless Being

Sync reading positions between Android devices and PCs

I have two android devices (a phone and a tablet I just bought), and several PCs with different Windows versions on them (XP, 7, 8). All PCs have the newest Calibre which syncs the library via Dropbox (I also have Google Drive, but at the moment the library is on Dropbox). On the phone I am currently using FBReader to read.

I would like a solution where I can sync reading positions ("furhtest page") between all the above devices. If I can reuse the existing Calibre library and maybe the Calibre ebook reader, even better. The readers I looked at (Moon+, Aldiko, Fabrik) sync between android devices. I haven't seen a solution that syncs to PCs.

There is the Kindle app, which probably does something similar, but I couldn't get it to sync side loaded books (from calibre), and I don't know how to read them on the PC (Although for Win8 there's an App, but I also want it synced on my old and trusted XP machine). Also I don't like the Kindle app a lot, I'd prefer another solution (open source preferred, if it possible though)

Any ideas?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
SilvE
SilvE began at the beginning.

Device: SGS II HD / Prestigio PAP 4500 with Moon Reader
Nobody? Pls help. I cant believe there s no solution for this.
SilvE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Only thing that comes to mind for me is Google Play Books, I'm pretty sure you can read your own uploaded files on any of your devices or a web browser by going to the my books section of the play store (place you can also upload your own ebooks).
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
timeslip1974
timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
yup Google books is the only software that`ll allow you to read in your pc browser and then carry on on any android device - a feature i use everyday. The reader software itself is fine , not as featured as for example moon+ but its the one i use specifically for the sync function
timeslip1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, reading app, sync "furthest page read", windows