Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
sgtrock
sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.sgtrock can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: various
Calibre Sync finding wireless server but failing to complete handshake

This is on a Nexus 4 running Kitkat. Latest version of Calibre Sync (1.1.4.1) and Calibre 1.26. The desktop is running Debian testing.

Editing my post because I figured out at least part of my original problem; I had a mismatch between the defined Root directory and where books are actually stored on my phone. At this point I think the problem is in the way that Calibre Sync defines directories and it is not a Calibre problem after all.

Last edited by sgtrock; 03-01-2014 at 02:53 PM.
sgtrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
It is caused by a combination of two things:
1) calibre sync does not use the cached metadata features introduced into the driver last year, and
2) code I put into the driver that inadvertently assumed that the client used caching.

I have corrected problem 2, but the fix will probably not be available until the next calibre release. I suggest you revert to calibre 1.25.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert