Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 12:24 AM   #256
DanZer
DanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheese

Device: K3G, KT, K4
Hi dsmid

First of all, thanks for your work in localization of our good old Kindles. In the attachment are translated files and graphics needed to make Kindle interface Russian. Thanks again and hope we'll see update for 3.4 soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation_done.zip (557.9 KB, 791 views)
DanZer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #257
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Hello DanZer,
here is the archive with your translation (few minor glitches fixed) and translation_unfinished tree with few phrases that still need to be translated.

Also please check the physkeyb layouts and let me know if they are OK. The current setup is to have the English layout (en) active by default, then the ЙЦУКЕН layout (ru), the the fonetic ЯВЕРТЫ layout (ruf), all switchable by Shift-Enter.
Don't hesitate to change the setup according to your preferences.

You can also test the first version of the hack if you are brave enough. In case of problems please remove/rename the localization folder and restart your Kindle. That will deactivate the hack.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation_v1.zip (118.8 KB, 339 views)
File Type: zip physkeyb_layouts.zip (1.2 KB, 400 views)
File Type: zip loc_ru_3.4r1.zip (2.56 MB, 490 views)
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #258
DanZer
DanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheeseDanZer can extract oil from cheese

I was brave (or fool) enough to try it - and even this one is almost perfect. Except for strings I missed first time, two buttons are still in English: the 'done' on Kindle registration screen and 'go to' in browser.

Ok, I've translated remaining strings and some images too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation.zip (248.3 KB, 252 views)
Old 11-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #259
DanZer

Btw, I changed screens shown when battery stops charging. It won't affect functionality, but looks, imho, a bit better than stock ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USB_NotCharging_600x800.gif
Views:	854
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	115819   Click image for larger version

Name:	USB_NotCharging_824x1200.gif
Views:	732
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	115820  
Old 11-27-2013, 03:17 AM   #260
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your feedback.
I've searched for those strings that are still in English and found few more phrases for translation. See translation_unfinished.
What about the physkeyb layouts ? Are they OK ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation_v2.zip (117.3 KB, 271 views)
File Type: zip loc_ru_3.4r2.zip (2.59 MB, 330 views)
Advert
Old 11-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #261
DanZer

Yes, both layouts are working fine, all symbols can be typed. Phonetic layout seems a bit weird (t and Alt-t give the same result, for example, while Alt-a, Alt-s, Alt-d, etc do nothing), but it's more a matter of typing habits than a real nuisance.

Hope this time there won't be untranslated strings left.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation.zip (162.3 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by DanZer; 11-27-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Attachment not posted
Old 11-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #262
dsmid
Linux devotee

Only one phrase remains untranslated, but I think you can neglect it.
Version 3.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_3.4r3.zip (2.59 MB, 356 views)
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation_v3.zip (115.1 KB, 291 views)
Old 11-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #263
DanZer

Ok, looks like this is final one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_translation_v4.zip (113.4 KB, 443 views)
Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #264
DanZer

Tried compiling the update myself, got error.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "py.py", line 1225, in <module>
  File "..\bin\kindle_update_tool.py", line 450, in <module>
    make_bin("update_"+name, filelist, type, kver, sign=sign, jailbreak=jailbreak)
  File "..\bin\kindle_update_tool.py", line 222, in make_bin
    create_sig(keyfile, name, tar)
  File "..\bin\kindle_update_tool.py", line 165, in create_sig
    raise ValueError("Openssl failed")
ValueError: Openssl failed

C:\Download\Firmware\Kindle\loc_ru>..\bin\py.exe ..\bin\kindle_update_tool.py m --k3gb --sign loc_ru_0.17_k3gb_uninstall uninstall.sh
calculating signature for uninstall.sh
cmd = ..\bin\openssl.exe dgst -sha256 -sign c:\docume~1\039f~1\locals~1\temp\tmp
gbo6fr -out c:\docume~1\039f~1\locals~1\temp\tmpts8azh uninstall.sh
adding uninstall.sh
calculating signature for bundle file
cmd = ..\bin\openssl.exe dgst -sha256 -sign c:\docume~1\039f~1\locals~1\temp\tmp
gbo6fr -out c:\docume~1\039f~1\locals~1\temp\tmpbp5yyi c:\docume~1\039f~1\locals~1\temp\tmpizs4fb
making bin file
output written to update_loc_ru_0.17_k3gb_uninstall.bin
Why openssl works when making uninstall, but not install?
Old 11-28-2013, 03:32 AM   #265
dsmid
Linux devotee

Now it's complete.

I have no idea regarding your problems with OpenSSL in Windows. I don't use Windows at all.
I just know building the bundle is not enough - you also need to generate translation.jar. Attached you will find my Linux build environment, you'll need to have also Java and zip installed. To build the hack, just edit config to update VERSION, launch translation2transjar, then launch build-hack.
There are also other useful scripts that are able to store the translation into sqlite database and then restore the translation tree from such database, generating translation_unfinished tree at the same time (transjar2sqlite, sqlite2translation).
Attached Files
File Type: zip loc_ru_3.4r4.zip (2.59 MB, 1659 views)
File Type: gz localization_ru_src.tar.gz (1.43 MB, 637 views)
Old 12-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #266
DanZer

Ok, tested this one - works fine. Could be called final version.

Regarding OpenSSL errors - I tried reading the script, but my knowledge of Python is not enough. Ok, nevermind, I'll get back to it someday.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #267
DanZer

Ok. Any suggestions on better translation? It should be 6 letters or less. Maybe 'audible' can be translated as 'звук', but for 'dev' and 'active' I'm out of ideas at the moment.

The text is located at translation\com\amazon\ebook\common\resources\Home ItemWidgetResources.translation - you can download any loc_ru_translation.zip from previous posts and try yourself.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #268
dsmid
Linux devotee

What about using an abbreviation ?
That would be 5 letters + dot.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #269
horseshou
horseshou began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Localization kindl3 to chinese

Already installed font-hack pack
I replaced some of the characters, but garbled on the menu. I do not know where else need to modify?
horseshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #270
oiodj
oiodj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Now it's complete.
Just updated my kindle to 3.4.1. After copying *.bin file to storage, "Update Your Kindle" still inactive. Other hacks for 3.4 were installed correctly. dsmid, please update your great hack to 3.4.1 compatibility.
oiodj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
localization