Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Firmware update?

My lovely new black PRS-600 is here!! Yay! The pouch for it sucks and I couldn't get my old 505 cover on it no matter how hard I tried! Boooo! So now I'm going to have to order the new cover, but it's going to have to wait a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I hope using the pouch along with my old eBookwise pouch will give it enough protection in my purse.

I've read so many threads around here that I've gotten confused, so that's why I'm asking this question in its own thread. Is there a firmware update already for it? Because when I connected the 600 to my computer this morning, I didn't get any message telling me to update it. Is there a way to check and see if there's an update, or does it tell you automatically?
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I got mine on Tuesday and there was an update installed as soon as I installed the library software.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I was able to get my 505 cover (the standard Sony one) to work on my 600. It required a bit of patience and good bifocals, but I got it to work without much difficulty. The problem is that the 600 is slighlty longer (top to bottom) by maybe 1mm or less, so you have to work at getting to cover to click into place. Mine kept wanting to slip off to one side. Use your fingernail to pull the plastic tab that holds the cover in place outward a bit. If I can do it with only one hand, you can do it. Just be patient with it.

Having said that, the new covers made for the 600 are really nice and look much better than the old 505 cover. They are too pricey, but they do look great.

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
I know, I mentioned it before -

I am using the M-edge cover for the 505 - it's $14.95 now - and it has the perfect pocket for my ipod classic when I'm traveling.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
My new PRS-600 already had the updated firmware when I received it on Tuesday this week. Version 1.0.01.08040.

Last edited by dynabook; 09-14-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Correction
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Got mine today at the local SonyStyle store.. Got the Silver unit with a brown cover...

Firmware version out of the box: 1.0.00.06260

Firmware version after update: 1.0.01.08040

Last edited by wachuko; 09-10-2009 at 10:10 PM.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
Got mine today at the local SonyStyle store.. Got the Silver unit with a brown cover...

Firmware version out of the box: 1.0.00.06260

Firmware version after update: 1.0.01.08040
Just checked mine, and it did in fact have 1.0.01.08040, so it didn't need updating.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote