Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
barney111
barney111 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 iRex iLiad
Cannot Find an Answer IDS Connection

Hello All
I got my Iliad yesterday created my account and went to connect to IDS.
I gave the Iliad an ethernet connection thru My BT Home hub Router with a static IP. The router recognises the device with the stated static IP. So I have my computer set with a static IP and my Iliad with a static IP.
So a pretty straight forward network
My operating system is Vista.
When I try to connect to IDS it tells me that my username and password on the iliad need resetting as it cannot connect to the server The Iliad mirrors the information with regard to my computer settings I cannot see the Iliad in network settings on Vista can anybody help please?

Best

barney111
barney111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:41 AM   #2
barney111

More info I get connected, then connecting to server, then Download error
The username/password combination is not correct.
Please check your username Email address and password in the iliad settings menu
I have and they appear to be the same any idea what I'm doing incorrectly

Best
barney111
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 06:35 AM   #3
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
The iLiad won't show up on your PC if you connect it to the iDS directly. Furthermore your problem has nothing to do with your local network setup, as the device can successfully contact the iDS server and check your username/password.

So it's a problem on the iDS/username/password side. Have you tried to set up a new iDS account?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
barney111

Thomas
Much appreciated it was obviously a corruption of the account information. I took your advice and opened a new account, straight through to IDS no problem.
Once again thanks

best

barney111