Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Do you feel Obsessed with Message Boards?

Many of us enjoy these message boards with informative and fun topics.

I sometimes feel obsessed with message boards. I admit that I do feel guilty spending so much time on these boards when I should be doing something more productive than wasting time.

Do anyone else feel the same way or I am the only one? Just curious.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Obsessed? No, too strong a word for me. As much as I enjoy MR, I do not think about it 24/7 nor do I alter social plans to fit MR browsing time.

FWIW...
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Nah. Not obsessed. I don't get DT's when I don't get to post or read other posts. If I lost the interwebs for a month, I wouldn't go TOO crazy.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
kinda. i belong to this board, an electronic cigarette board, a classic video game board, a....ummmm..."aaargh me mateys" board and i'm always trolling yahoo news.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I kind of feel guilty spending too much time on the boards when I can do something more productive; but that's me. I am sure some people like hanging around and there is nothing wrong with this.

I was just curious how other members feel. It's interesting to read differing experience by various members.
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
  • people having rare/strange/broad fields of interest cannot count on having a whole bunch of other people sharing said interests at least partly, to live around the corner (actually I learned to keep my expectations low - I'm glad when other humans I have to deal with are capable of autonomous thinking)
  • development, learning and cultivating new ideas requires exchange. If we exclude "date and mate" forums from current observation, physical presence is at no point of the contact nesessary, so you can trade information at very low transaction costs, because "going where alikes are" means to find the right forums.
  • newsgroups did and do basically the same, only using mail protocols for that. the only difference is, web-forums are fancier, faster easier to operate, but - without the content synchro of different threads like among newsservers - more locally isolated. The basic idea behind both concepts is pretty close, so we can surely say, what people do browsing webforums, has a long tradition and was since internets childhood one of the most valued and rewarding uses of this technology.

Keeping all this in mind, I believe being a member on a handful of boards is far more normal, than being on none.

Last edited by Freeshadow; 08-16-2011 at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo again
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #7
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
if it weren't for message boards, i wouldn't talk to anybody except for my wife lol. i have friends but we have our own lives and speak on occassion, we dont feel the need to speak daily or hang out 24/7. other than that i'm almost completely anti-social.

message boards allow me to talk about the topics i want to talk about with like-minded people instead of being the "only kid on the block" with alot of my interests.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
DrDln
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
....message boards allow me to talk about the topics i want to talk about with like-minded people instead of being the "only kid on the block" with alot of my interests.
Agree. It's the obsession or addiction that many of us are concerned. Otherwise, it is perhaps one the best mediums to socialize and exchange ideas.