Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
organ
organ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How to Use Kindle 1 in Canada?

Dear all, I just got kindle shipped from US to my home in Canada, but how come I cannot get connected through wireless? I know it uses amazon wireless, does it mean I cannot download from Canada? I don't get any signal.

Thanks!
organ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by organ View Post
Dear all, I just got kindle shipped from US to my home in Canada, but how come I cannot get connected through wireless? I know it uses amazon wireless, does it mean I cannot download from Canada? I don't get any signal.

Thanks!
Kindle 1 uses the Sprint network for it's wireless and is only available in the U.S. Currently there are no Kindles officially available in Canada. To purchase books you will have to download them to your computer then transfer them via the USB cable.

If you would like to purchase Kindle books from Amazon's U.S. Kindle store, you will need to follow the directions on the NerdGirl site to set up your account.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
A couple of people on the Amazon Board were able to get a signal in Canada even though it's not release there, but they have a Kindle 2 International Version. The Kindle 1 wireless does not work anywhere outside of the States.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #4
organ
organ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks!

BTW, here are more resources I just found: www.manybooks.net
organ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by organ View Post
Thanks!

BTW, here are more resources I just found: www.manybooks.net
There are more than that! Follow this link.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, kindle