Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #16
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.4.0 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Upgrade to support the centralised keyboard shortcut management in Calibre

Requires Calibre 0.8.18. Note that you will lose any keyboard shortcuts you had previously assigned to your file patterns (but not your set of file patterns themselves). You can assign them new shortcuts using Preferences->Keyboard or from the Customise Plugin screen for this plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Just thought I would point out that this plugin when in the Favourites menu does not update settings if you change them and will be blank on a fresh start. If you change the QP plugin settings in any other menu it will be reflected in the favorites menu. This is similar to what was reported for the Overdrive Link plugin.

Update: I should say that "when in the Favourites menu does not show update settings if you change them" The change actually does happen and work as expected it is just not reflected in the QI settings when in the favourites menu.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for letting me know Walt, I will take a look into it.

EDIT: Ok, I can see the reason why, and no doubt there are other plugins that will have similar issues. A number of my plugins like this one dynamically update themselves at the time the user clicks on their icon on the toolbar, in order to ensure that whatever options are enabled/ticked reflect reality at that point in time.

So in the case of this plugin, it is not going to update the "checked" state of those options until it thinks it is displaying the menu. But because putting the menu on the Favourites menu plugin is a completely different approach to actually having it as a direct button the toolbar, this plugin never gets asked to update its values.

It definitely needs a solution of some kind...

Last edited by kiwidude; 11-05-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
It definitely needs a solution of some kind...
I realized what it was doing. The developer of the overdrive link plugin that I linked to managed to implement a solution for his plugin. His plugin had the same problem. Examining his plugin might be able to give you insight into an existing solution.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #20
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

I've just released an updated Favourites Menu plugin release which should resolve this in a generic way such that plugin developers (including me) don't have to go through and update their plugins.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Excellent!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #22
theaccountant
Enthusiast
theaccountant began at the beginning.

Device: Awful Hanvon N518
Bulk Edit Regex

Is there anyway this plugin can read my saved regex /character match that is saved under Bulk Edit Serch and replace?

Thanks
theaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #23
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Ummm no - why would you want to out of curiosity?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #24
theaccountant
Enthusiast

Quote:
Ummm no - why would you want to out of curiosity?
Because i have 10 rules set up with, so to copy and paste that over 30 times would take a long time, ie rule title, condition, pattern which could result in errors.

From a programming and users point of view shouldn't all regex rules be stored in a single place no matter from where it accessed?

Regards
Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #25
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

But bulk edit already has its own ability to save and load searches was the point I am not getting... Why would we duplicate what is already more conveniently existing on that screen?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #26
theaccountant
Enthusiast

Because as your plugin states UI to quickly switch regular expressions....more convenient than digging through..... ..

If i can just change the part of the metadata i need to rather than see all the metadata.

Cheers
Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #27
imans314
Enthusiast
imans314 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Question plugin does not work

I would like to know what I am doing wrong
I installed the plugin
created some menu Items

But when saving a book it keeps the template of the "normal" template instead of the one I am using in the Quick Preferences.

I have includes my Quick Preferences

Should I change the "normal" template?

thanx for the help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Quick Preferences.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	121980  
imans314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by imans314 View Post
But when saving a book it keeps the template of the "normal" template instead of the one I am using in the Quick Preferences.
According to the first post in this thread the Quick Preferences plugin currently controls the preferences for Adding books to calibre not for Saving books to disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This plugin provides a way to quickly switch between certain preferences values without going into the preferences dialog. Specifically it currently caters for preferences related to adding books but could be added to in future if needed.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:24 AM   #29
imans314
Enthusiast
imans314 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
to bad.
imans314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #30
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Kiwidude, thank you for all of the great plugins. The move to Calibre 2.0 has seen many of your plugins ported to QT5. Currently this great plugin is the last plugin on my list that hasn't been ported.

Hopefully you or one of the many other fine developers will find the time to port this plugin to calibre 2.0.

Thanks again.

Tags
error, nameerror, quick preferences