Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #1
Mange
Enthusiast
Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS650, T1, Kindle touch, PocketBook Touch
Want to translate menus in 622 to swedish

Hello everyone,

I run a book store in Sweden and we sell quite a lot of ereaders. We've recently started selling the PocketBook Touch 622 and I would very much be able to translate its menus to swedish as en added benefit for my customers.

I tried using a file I found here on the forums, but it's probably not intended for the 622. When I put it in the language folder in the system folder, it actually translates some of the menus to swedish, but not all.

I guess I need a complete list to adress these english menus that are still not translated.
Anyone know how to do this?
Anyone ut there who might be able to help?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Magnus
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
On the Pro devices, the default language files are in the /ebrmain/language directory. If you install some kind of shell program (poterm, or one of the remote terminals like utelnetd), then you can copy any *.txt file to the USB exported internal memory (/mnt/ext1) or the SD card (/mnt/ext2), and from there, to a computer via USB.

Within the shell on the pocketbook, you can get a sorted list of the labels with the following command:

Code:
cut -d '=' -f 1 /ebrmain/language/en.txt | grep '@' | sort > /mnt/ext1/en.txt.sorted_labels
Run the same command on your older Swedish translation file, and then you can compare the two output files to see which new translations are required.

If you want to get an idea of the number of translations that are required, you can use the 'wc -l' command on the sorted outputs to count the number of lines in each.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
Mange
Enthusiast
Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS650, T1, Kindle touch, PocketBook Touch
Thank you rkomar,

I will give this a try.
Mange is offline   Reply With Quote