Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
OverDrive’s BlackBerry app now supports EPUB eBooks

I guess this constitutes news (and I apologize if it's already posted):

From the OverDrive blog:

OverDrive’s BlackBerry app now supports EPUB eBooks

"Today we released OverDrive Media Console for BlackBerry v2.1, which adds support for direct EPUB eBook downloads from your library. Like OverDrive’s apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad, this app includes a “Get Books” feature so that users can easily find your library. From there, users will be able to browse the mobile version of your Virtual Branch website, check out an EPUB eBook or MP3 audiobook with a library card, and download the title directly to their BlackBerry device.

The free app is available on OverDrive’s software page and in the MobiHand Superstore, and can be installed on BlackBerry touch-screen devices running BlackBerry OS v4.7 or newer and non-touch-screen devices running BlackBerry OS v4.5 or newer. (That covers about 96 percent of all active BlackBerry users.) We also expect the app to appear in BlackBerry App World in the coming weeks."
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Wow, ok, so that was a bit complicated to set up on my Blackberry Torch ... but .. it does actually work. I am able to see, on my Blackberry, the same titles I have borrowed and downloaded to my Kobo, simultaneously. Very cool. Thanks for the heads up!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Wow, ok, so that was a bit complicated to set up on my Blackberry Torch ... but .. it does actually work.
Complicated on my end also but I finally got it to work. It's quite neat actually
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote