Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
mushroomyakuza
mushroomyakuza began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Consistently dodgy Reader - freezing, battery drain etc.

Hi all

Please take a look at this thread to get an idea of my problem with my reader...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94549

Here's the gist though. The Reader keeps freezing unexpectedly and the battery dies without any explanation and sometimes it just doesn't turn on.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I've tried charging it and resetting it continuously, but it just solves the problem very temporarily...and then starts again, and it's getting to be every sinlge day.

I really need help with this one and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks all.
mushroomyakuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest that you return it to Sony for repair. It certainly sounds faulty.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I agree, I'd send it back to Sony it sounds faulty.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I agree with the others here -- it probably needs to be returned. My PRS-300 has an excellent battery life; in fact that is the best thing about it. And I don't believe it's ever locked up and had to be reset.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
mushroomyakuza

This may be a dumb question but, how?

I have tried contacting Sony by email to explain the situation and seek advice but I never got a reply.

Also, I'm living in Japan at the moment, but my Reader was bought in the UK last Christmas, so I may have to send it to the UK first then back to Sony after that. Bit awkward.
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
IzzyMad
Enthusiast
IzzyMad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Sorry if I have offended you but when it became obvious that my soloutions were not going to help you I would have thought it would have been polite to have strted your own topic any way.
IzzyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #7
mushroomyakuza

Izzy none taken, don't worry about it. BUMP!