Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
LoveMyKobo
LoveMyKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Search & Replace "wildcards"?

I'm trying to edit the author fields in a library, because it has the author name, a hyphen, and a series name. I just want the author's name.

Example: Woods, Stuart - Stone Barrington 00

Is there a "wildcard" character I can use to replace everything after and including the hyphen with nothing?
LoveMyKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKobo View Post
I'm trying to edit the author fields in a library, because it has the author name, a hyphen, and a series name. I just want the author's name.

Example: Woods, Stuart - Stone Barrington 00

Is there a "wildcard" character I can use to replace everything after and including the hyphen with nothing?
You want to keep the first wild card match

Warning this will match any title text that is hyphenated

also note: the pattern below is space hyphen space then wild-card
so wild-card is safe and wild - card will go bye-bye

Code:
(.+) - .+
the replace is a simple: \1 into the title field
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
LoveMyKobo
LoveMyKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks so much! It worked perfectly.
LoveMyKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #4
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Regex is basically magic. =]
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote