Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
FRY's Electronics Astak EZ Reader Blow-Out

Dear All:

The rebate will now be in effect on July 3 thru 5 at FRY's Electronics. This is a $30 rebate and FRY's is promising the lowest price ever on the Astak EZ Reader 6 inch.

Frankly I think they and we are both crazy to sell a fabulous device, that has proven itself, at such low prices; and likely it will never be anywhere near this low again.

So... if you are in the market for a new 6 inch eBook Reader NOW is the time. You WILL be able to download onto it the Adobe Digital Editions from a very soon firmware upgrade. The device is E-Ink, displays twenty languages and handles 14 formats. It has stereo MP3 with an EQUALIZER. It displays horizontally and vertically. It has three major font increases and we give you easy steps to load additional fonts onto it from our FAQ sheet. It has USA tech support and USA full warranty. The device is known at FRY's Electronics as rock-solid, the lowest returns of any eBook Reader. Every MobileRead Forum personwho has ever purchased one has only raved about how good it is. There has never been a single negative review.

This is a BUNDLE Pack and includes free 2GB SD card, card reader-writer, 200 free pre-loaded classics, and comes WITH a crush-resistent leather case, USB cable, AC charger, wrist leash, ear buds, and even a screwdriver for the easily replaceable and rechargeable battery.

ALL we know is that it will be under $229... we do not know FRY's final price. LOOK at the ad for FRY's on July 3 thru 5!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader Horizontal.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	31380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader in Leather Case.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	31381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader showing SD card & slot.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	907.3 KB
ID:	31382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader with enlarged font.JPG
Views:	477
Size:	731.2 KB
ID:	31383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Black EZ Reader with pencil to show thin.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	31384  
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Thanks for the warning. A purchase is lined up....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
You are correct, killer deal for what you are getting.

I sure can't see any downsides, and if I were in the market for another one........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
dodoflying
dodoflying began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you Robert, It's the time I'll get my first Ebook. Hope it will not let me down.
dodoflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
dodoflying
dodoflying began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Robert,

Could I order EZ Reader on-line or have to go to Fry's shop to buy one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

The rebate will now be in effect on July 3 thru 5 at FRY's Electronics. This is a $30 rebate and FRY's is promising the lowest price ever on the Astak EZ Reader 6 inch.

Frankly I think they and we are both crazy to sell a fabulous device, that has proven itself, at such low prices; and likely it will never be anywhere near this low again.

So... if you are in the market for a new 6 inch eBook Reader NOW is the time. You WILL be able to download onto it the Adobe Digital Editions from a very soon firmware upgrade. The device is E-Ink, displays twenty languages and handles 14 formats. It has stereo MP3 with an EQUALIZER. It displays horizontally and vertically. It has three major font increases and we give you easy steps to load additional fonts onto it from our FAQ sheet. It has USA tech support and USA full warranty. The device is known at FRY's Electronics as rock-solid, the lowest returns of any eBook Reader. Every MobileRead Forum personwho has ever purchased one has only raved about how good it is. There has never been a single negative review.

This is a BUNDLE Pack and includes free 2GB SD card, card reader-writer, 200 free pre-loaded classics, and comes WITH a crush-resistent leather case, USB cable, AC charger, wrist leash, ear buds, and even a screwdriver for the easily replaceable and rechargeable battery.

ALL we know is that it will be under $229... we do not know FRY's final price. LOOK at the ad for FRY's on July 3 thru 5!!
dodoflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire

I am guessing you can order it online. I checked their online store and it was listed, though not at the lower price, which I am guessing won't be changed until the 3rd?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:16 AM   #7
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Thank you Robert, I am indeed very tempted every time you write about the discount. However, I have been holding out for a unit with that Epson controller ever since it was first discussed last October or so. I simply cannot give in now! After waiting so long I must hold out a frew more months for an EZ Reader Pocket Pro or Mentor Intrique or EZ Reader/Mentor whatever is next before the end of the year.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
at that price my husband has finally decided he wants an ebook reader. so the big question - can we go to fry's to buy one or is this an online-only special?
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Order online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodoflying View Post
Hi Robert,

Could I order EZ Reader on-line or have to go to Fry's shop to buy one?
Dear All:

You can order the EZ Reader from FRY's.com for the same price with the rebate.

This deal is about as good as it gets on eBook Readers. This is now an exceedingly proven device that will give you everything and more that you need from a Digital Book Reader. It is thin and very light (under 7 ounces). Wired magazine said it "seemed to have a higher resolution that any device we tested and will load a gazillion books in a gazillion formats seamlessly".

You cannot and will not go wrong with this device and it is backed by Astak!!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
Robertb

Perfect husband pleaser!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
at that price my husband has finally decided he wants an ebook reader. so the big question - can we go to fry's to buy one or is this an online-only special?
EVERY FRY's store (I think there are 36 now) will have plenty of the EZ Reader!! frys.com will have it. You can go to the store or online!!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Robertb

Holdingout for Pocket PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
Thank you Robert, I am indeed very tempted every time you write about the discount. However, I have been holding out for a unit with that Epson controller ever since it was first discussed last October or so. I simply cannot give in now! After waiting so long I must hold out a frew more months for an EZ Reader Pocket Pro or Mentor Intrique or EZ Reader/Mentor whatever is next before the end of the year.
Dear Sara:

I surely would not wait for the Mentor Intrique as the release date is still not at all set. The PocketPRO is for real and is a tangible plus. Maybe 6 more weeks of waiting.

What I want to do is get the Cool-er likers to compare. As often said, I have nothing bad to say about any device... BUT compare the EZ Reader against a Cool-er before you buy. DO IT FAST... the sale is July 3-5 and it is not a hard decision.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
frys.com?

Searched for "EZ Reader" and didn't get any matches. Anyone have a link to the product on the Frys website? Thanks.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
frys.com?

Searched for "EZ Reader" and didn't get any matches. Anyone have a link to the product on the Frys website? Thanks.
http://www.frys.com/template/handheldpda

scroll down a bit
Old 06-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

its listed for $299, but the sale prob won't start until Friday?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #15
rrburton
Connoisseur
rrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-booksrrburton has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad
Wouldn't this post have been better located in the Deals section? Or are we treading dangerously close to the world where Katie Couric is reporting the "news" that Pepsi-co has a new flavor.......
rrburton is offline   Reply With Quote