Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
lunged
Enthusiast
lunged doesn't litterlunged doesn't litter

Device: iPad
How to manually add eBooks to Memory Stick (sans PRS-505)?

First of all, I'm sure this information is on here somewhere... but I sure couldn't find it (google didn't help me, either).

I am going to a bookstore tomorrow to check out the PRS-505 in person and I want to bring a memory stick with some eBooks and Manga to test out on it. The thing is, I don't know where the 505 wants the files. I am using a memory stick from my PSP, so it is FAT-16 right now. I imagine that is fine for the 505, but what about folder structure? I know the PSP was a bit picky about this kind of stuff, but it is better now (for example, a "Music" folder will now show up in the music app, but it didn't always work that way).

Thanks for the help! I also tried using Calibre to transfer files to the memory stick (mounted from said PSP), but it isn't recognizing it as a device.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I use a Mac, so I can't use Sony's software.

Last edited by lunged; 05-09-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: more information
lunged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I use an SD card, and I have copies books to the top directory (i.e., E:\). However, I don't think Sony's library program or the Reader will recognize it unless there's a folder named "Sony Reader" on it.

I would assume it would work the same way for a MemoryStick.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
lunged
Enthusiast
lunged doesn't litterlunged doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Thanks for the help - I added that folder and put a few books in the root directory and a few in Sony Reader/Books. They all showed up properly. Unfortunately, ePub books wouldn't work on the demo unit, so it must have had old firmware.
lunged is offline   Reply With Quote