Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-19-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
silvijakk
silvijakk began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Pocketbook 360
Blank screen

Hello!
I am reading this forum for two months now - such a quantity of useful information for novice.

But now I have a problem. Maybe somebody can help me.

I am using Cybook for nearly a month and so far was very satisfied with it, but today, while reading a book, screen of my device turned blank (white) and... that's all...
I have tried to reset it, to turn off an on, but screen stays white. It seems for me that Cybook is working, but there is some problem with screen: I can access the file system through PC, the green light is blinking when I press the buttons and sometimes I can see VERY pale lines or blocks merging on the screen.
Has anybody experienced something like?
silvijakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds very much as though the screen controller has "died". You'll need to return it to Bookeen to be replaced, I regret to say. It should be a warranty repair, however.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2008, 02:25 AM   #3
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
My sympathies.
Rene
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #4
silvijakk
silvijakk began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Pocketbook 360
Upps!!

I just turned it on to take picture as required Bookeen Support team (very quick answer!), AND IT STARTED TO WORK! I feel like absolute dummy, but happy dummy. Maybe problem persists and will occur sometime later (I hope NO!), but now all looks OK.
silvijakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
I'm glad to hear it is working again. That is the best kind of fix.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert