Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #301
sus
sus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Kobo Arc Hd7

When I am reading, the font keeps changing from black to blue. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks Sus
sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #302
jelo
jelo began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Question need help, not sure how to fix...

I have a kobo arc 10 and all the features worked great for the first month.

I now have two issues when on Facebook mostly.
1, I can see my news feed page fine, comment etc... Normally. However if I try to open one of my groups, the little circle just keeps spinning and the new page won't open. Same goes if I type a name in the search, nothing happens, I have to attempt it then close then try again an it will usually work the 2nd or 3rd time...but this doesn't work for groups.

2, I can click on video's to watch no problem. But there are 1 or 2 sites that post video's that the sound is distorted. The video works fine but the audio is all garbled.

Not sure if these issues are related or what programs are used to run these functions....

Help!
jelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #303
bookit
bookit began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 600 - kobo arc
Hi- I wanted to move 2 apps out of a tapestry and into another tapestry - The guide said to press and hold the items and slid them into the bar at the top of the screen, which I did - The bar snapped back into place and took what I had moved with it - Now I am unable to find where the Arc has put them and I have no idea how to retrieve them - Could you help me, please.
bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #304
gaijinn
gaijinn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
How to import and install an apk file from windows pc into Kobo arc?

Hi there I downloaded an apk file into my pc...how do I isstall the app in my Kobo arc?
Thanks
gaijinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:19 AM   #305
TheKoboHobo
TheKoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
Hi, This evening my wife's Kobo Arc will no longer work. The battery life had been getting very short & for the past while she's had to leave it plugged in all the time. Tonight that won't even start it up.
I've been researching on the internet what the specs. of the battery are on that model but am unable to find that info. anywhere. Can you help me out?

She also owns a Kobo Glo but after 6mos. the USB charge port broke & we haven't been able to get that fixed for her either (was thinking of taking it to a phone repair person). Was actually hoping the battery for the Glo could be installed in the Arc but am guessing it won't be the same specs.?

I have a feeling this is the 2nd great machine that will end up on the scrap/spare parts pile (we have 3... I have one of the old orig. Kobo's... it's pretty boring by comparison but it is still working fine but I don't use it like my wife does... she has that thing attached to her)

If it turns out that I have to purchase another one, I'm not sure which one to get (seems to be pluses & minuses for each of the Arc7, 7HD & 10HD but am probably leaning towards the 10HD).

tks. for your help.
TheKoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2015, 11:55 PM   #306
TheKoboHobo

Anyone?
Old 05-22-2015, 12:57 AM   #307
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Have you tried contacting Kobo support?
https://kobo.frontlinesvc.com/app/ask_NAform_T
or 1 (855) 732-3662

The major fix resources I can think of, Newpower99 and iFixit, don't seem to have any Kobo info, parts, etc. at all.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:16 AM   #308
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijinn View Post
Hi there I downloaded an apk file into my pc...how do I isstall the app in my Kobo arc?
Thanks
Why did you not download the app direct to the arc.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:24 AM   #309
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKoboHobo View Post
Hi, This evening my wife's Kobo Arc will no longer work. The battery life had been getting very short & for the past while she's had to leave it plugged in all the time. Tonight that won't even start it up.
I've been researching on the internet what the specs. of the battery are on that model but am unable to find that info. anywhere. Can you help me out?

She also owns a Kobo Glo but after 6mos. the USB charge port broke & we haven't been able to get that fixed for her either (was thinking of taking it to a phone repair person). Was actually hoping the battery for the Glo could be installed in the Arc but am guessing it won't be the same specs.?

I have a feeling this is the 2nd great machine that will end up on the scrap/spare parts pile (we have 3... I have one of the old orig. Kobo's... it's pretty boring by comparison but it is still working fine but I don't use it like my wife does... she has that thing attached to her)

If it turns out that I have to purchase another one, I'm not sure which one to get (seems to be pluses & minuses for each of the Arc7, 7HD & 10HD but am probably leaning towards the 10HD).

tks. for your help.
The glo should still be covered by warranty. Iirc the battery is not easily replaceable but if you find one could be done. Personally I would look to another manufacturer. My next on will be the lenovo yoga.just trying to decide 8 or 10 inch. Good spec either excellent battery life. Kobo support is proven to be non existent.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #310
TheKoboHobo

Decided to purchase Arc7
Old 08-04-2015, 08:40 PM   #311
Jim1953
Jim1953 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc 64 gig
Question HI There

I really do enjoy my KA...especially the 64gigs of storage....the only thing that drives me nuts is the fluttering paper/water startup video....is there any way to disable this?
Jim1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #312
bgog97522
bgog97522 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Does the arc 7hd support usb otg?
bgog97522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #313
ianabbott82
ianabbott82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
i have a kobo arc 7 and i need a picture of the connectors on the main board. 4 wire connector at the bottom left side more then anything. its a little black plug with 4 wires that came out and i need to know what order they go in.
ianabbott82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:56 AM   #314
antique65
antique65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
I have a Kobo Arc reader. Was going great, but went away for a period and battery went flat. When I recharged it, wouldn't go properly (can't remember the exact issues) Tried to do a Factory reset, but now keypad wont operate on numerals, or left and right hand keys. Contacted Kobo, who told me to throw it away and buy a new one. Not impressed. Can you offer any solutions. USB to computer shows no data in any files?
antique65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #315
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Well, there's the KoboEaster (version 1.0, 44KB) app hanging around in the app list. Obviously we need to figure out how to run it. Can't be arsed to, though.

Easy. The steps are below.

Spoiler:
Install a launcher with an "Activities" list like Nova or Apex, and then just add it's activity to the homepage. Click it, and presto.
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc