Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #841
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Definitely good news.

Me, I seem to be the same weight and waist size I was as a teenager ....

I don't want to make anyone jealous, but I can wear the same size socks I wore as a teenager!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #842
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I don't want to make anyone jealous, but I can wear the same size socks I wore as a teenager!

Stitchawl
So could I, but I suspect they'll have moth holes by now
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #843
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am down to 168. Six more pounds to go until I hit the target my doctor set. I think I can get under that. I might aim for 155. I think I will decide based on how I look at the time. I am fine with losing weight (I need to) but I don't want to look sick because I drop too much weight. I know plenty of skinny folks who I think could stand to eat a sandwich or two...

I am easily below my weight from my Freshman year in college. I cannot remember what I actually weighed in high school. I know I gained a good amount of weight that first year of college and ended up in a size 12 or 14 pant. I would love to get into a size 8 pant comfortably. Right now I am in size 10s that are comfortable but not so lose that I think I can drop down a size.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #844
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I would love to get into a size 8 pant
Me too, but my wife would kill me...

Stitchawl
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #845
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

Stitchawl

But then perhaps that's what she would like to do
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #846
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I would love to get into a size 8 pant...
Quote:

Stitchawl

Now I'm not sure if you're a potential adulterer or cross-dresser
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #847
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Now I'm not sure if you're a potential adulterer or cross-dresser
Yes...
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #848
Stitchawl
Opsimath

You'll just have to figure it out.

Keep in mind that I've been a broad for most of my adult life...

Stitchawl
Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #849
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another milestone reached in my weekly weigh-in today. I'm down to 15st 9lb (2lb down since last week), the significance of which is that it's 219lb, or 99.3kg, so I'm below 100kg for the first time.

I've lost a total of 47lb, or 21kg, since I started seriously trying to lose weight - the equivalent of a rather heavy suitcase! Or, to put it another way, 18% of me has disappeared .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #850
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Congratulations, Harry! I'm still hovering just under 73kg at the moment. A lack of will-power, I regret to say.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #851
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Or, to put it another way, 18% of me has disappeared .

No, congratulation, Harry

And Paul, maybe your body (and will) knows that it has reached its perfect weight now or it will come back to help you reaching your goal.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #852
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Another milestone reached in my weekly weigh-in today. I'm down to 15st 9lb (2lb down since last week), the significance of which is that it's 219lb, or 99.3kg, so I'm below 100kg for the first time.

I've lost a total of 47lb, or 21kg, since I started seriously trying to lose weight - the equivalent of a rather heavy suitcase! Or, to put it another way, 18% of me has disappeared .

Congrats, Harry! That's a wonderful achievement. It's a real 'feel good' milestone!

Today I ate a cinnamon role that was higher in calorie than most meals I've been eating! But it sure tasted good.

Stitchawl
Old 02-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #853
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Way to go Harry!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #854
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:

What an achievement, congratulations!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #855
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I've lost 15 pounds since Christmas. Better yet, my blood pressure is in the 110-115 over 65 range and my total cholesterol is down from 209 to 164 without medications. I'm ecstatic. Time for a doughnut!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 02-16-2013 at 08:09 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote