Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
I18N: are plugins translatable?

I want to present the GUI of my plugin(s) to be (optionally) available in multiple languages. Given they are mainly from a german-language series (and the shop for them), german would be my first choice, closely followed by what I can crowdsource

So far, I have not found any examples or documentation how to achieve this in the python code. This does not mean that I have looked at all the right or necessary places, so does anyone have a hint for me? The official documentation seems to consider only the core of calibre itself...

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no infrastructure in calibre for plugin translations. You can however add translation resources to your plugin zip file and load them at plugin startup. See the documentation of the gettext python module. Just be careful not to use the _() global function, as that is used by calibre itself, use some other function for your translations.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert