Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Personal Documents Delivery Charge

Hi,

Can anyone clear up what amazon.co charge for deliveriing personal documents to my kindle touch via email.

Googling has left me confused. i'm not sure if they only charge for things delivered via 3g.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
Hi,

Can anyone clear up what amazon.co charge for deliveriing personal documents to my kindle touch via email.

Googling has left me confused. i'm not sure if they only charge for things delivered via 3g.
There is no charge if you have the docs delivered by WiFi. I don't use 3G anymore, but in the year or so that I did I only incurred one small charge of 15 cents. But that was at least two years ago.
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Make sure you are using the free web address. If you use the default address you will be charged.

Use your default email address name.

[youraccountname@free.kindle.com] Remove the brackets.

You can sent your docs and books free that way, and if you want converted to kindle format.

In the subject/topic bar of your email use the word "convert"

I think that is right.

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-30-2012 at 03:06 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
alanHd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Make sure you are using the free web address. If you use the default address you will be charged.

Use your default email address name.

[youraccountname@free.kindle.com] Remove the brackets.

You can sent your docs and books free that way, and if you want converted to kindle format.

In the subject/topic bar of your email use the word "convert"

I think that is right.
If i read this right from amazon. the free kidle email sends the documents so they have to be transfered via USB.

I was wanting to avoid this, the reason i was asking in the first place is that i am constantly wanting to add books to my kindle to be read later, and i read on another thread that everytime you plugged your kindle in it counted as a charge cycle.

i will send some books tomorrow when i get home and test it out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...00493090#email
Free Transfer of Personal Documents
If you would like to transfer your personal documents to your Kindle for free, you can send attachments to "name"@free.kindle.com to be converted and e-mailed to your computer at the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk account log-in. You can then transfer the document to your Kindle using your USB connection.
For example, if your Kindle e-mail address is Jay@Kindle.com, send your attachments to Jay@free.kindle.com.
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just noticed you are in the UK. The rules might be different across the pond from what they are here in the USA. Over here I use my various @kindle.com addresses to send books directly to my Kindles/devices via WiFi without charge. As long as you have a WiFi connection there is no need to use the 3G. Save the 3G for when you are away from WiFi.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I use the @free.kindle.com address in Europe and never get charged. It arrives directly on my Kindle, no need for the USB connection.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
alanHd
Addict

Your all correct. the free email does indeed sync straight to my kindle without using USB.

Thanks for that.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There's no need to use the Free address anymore. You just disable the Whispernet Delivery Options under Personal Documents on MYK then all Pdocs will only be available through WiFi.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
zooterkin
zooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-bookszooterkin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi + 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There's no need to use the Free address anymore. You just disable the Whispernet Delivery Options under Personal Documents on MYK then all Pdocs will only be available through WiFi.
I just got a non-delivery when I tried to send to my free kindle address; it worked last time I used it (though that was a little while ago). Have they deleted the free.kindle.com addresses now?

ETA: Just tried it again, and it worked this time. Must have been a glitch at their end.

Last edited by zooterkin; 11-19-2012 at 09:20 AM.
zooterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
I'm not finding this option in my MYK page.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I'm not finding this option in my MYK page.
It's under Personal Documents settings.

Quote:
Whispernet Delivery Options

You can change document delivery options for your Kindle devices or set the maximum charge for a single personal document sent wirelessly over Whispernet to your Kindle with 3G support. Personal documents exceeding the maximum charge will not incur a fee and will only be available for delivery via Wi-Fi or USB transfer. Learn more
If you don't own a Kindle with 3G you wont have this option. WiFi Kindles don't need to worry about this.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
It's under Personal Documents settings.

If you don't own a Kindle with 3G you wont have this option. WiFi Kindles don't need to worry about this.
Ah! That's it. I have WiFi version not 3G.

Thanks
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote