Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
Hoppity
Hoppity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Viewing 2 pages (open book style) in Calibre

Within the calibre application itself, I would like to view 2 pages, like an open book style. This is to display a foreign language text on one side, and the English translation on the other.

Is that possible?

thanks.
Hoppity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Have you tried asking on Calibre's facebook page?
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppity View Post
Within the calibre application itself, I would like to view 2 pages, like an open book style. This is to display a foreign language text on one side, and the English translation on the other.
Is that possible?
Easily? No. Is it possible? Yes, I suppose so. At the start, you'd have to decide how to do "foreign language text on one side, and the English translation on the other." The two obvious solutions are page by page, and two columns. Neither will work perfectly if you need to use calibre's internal ebook-viewer, which converts all formats before displaying them.

If you are willing to use an external viewer, then pdf, which is page oriented and handles multiple columns would probably be best. It's one of the few cases where I'd recommend using pdf. Some info on using columns outside of pdf is here.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Hoppity
Hoppity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Thanks, Starson17,

Keeping it simple :-) I agree that viewing it as a PDF is the best way. I tried to do the conversion within Calibre from PDF to Epub...and it was not successful. Since the file is already set up as a PDF perfectly with facing pages displaying the same thing in both languages....I will use that.

Many thanks.
Hoppity is offline   Reply With Quote